5 | 12

"Why on earth would I be protecting you from yourself?" Bee murmured, gathering together his emotions. As much as I wanted to tell him, I didn't want him to worry. He'd already tried to convince me that I wasn't a monster, and although it did help at the time, I'd had more recent proof that I was descending into madness. That only proved what I already knew to be true. I was turning into a monster. "Because you're the only thing keeping me together. Preventing me from turning into something dangerous."

Bee's expression darkened, and I almost flinched as he looked at me with a furious glint in his eyes. Was he mad at me for saying that? "...Bee?" I slowly reached out for his forearm, hesitating when he closed his eyes, hanging his head. There was a moment of silence, ruined only by his heavy sigh. And in a broken voice, he spoke. "I did this." I was absolutely confused, until he lifted his head, the enraged expression remaining. "I did this to you." I looked to his eyes, a little afraid by the intensity of his anger.

"Bee, you didn't do anything." He suddenly clenched his fists together, leaning back from the edge of the tub. "Of course I did. If you hadn't have met me, you'd be happily dancing to your heart's content, probably in love with someone much more suited to you." I watched him toy with the ring on his left hand, little bubbles of fear rising inside my chest. "You can't blame yourself for what happened to me. The Autobots war with the Decepticons would have ravaged Earth regardless of whether I'd met you or not. If anything, I could be dead right now from being caught in the crossfire."

I sat up close to him, reaching out with a wet hand to grab one of his balled fists. "If I had the chance to do everything all over again, I wouldn't change a single thing." He didn't protest as I brought his hand closer to me, flattening it out so I could kiss his palm. "Despite everything I've been through, I'd keep everything the same. A normal life could never compare to my life with you." A smile came to Bee's face, and he dithered for a moment, watching me with an adoring expression. We'd been together for a long time at this point, but seeing him looking at me like that still made a nervous giggle bubble in my chest. "I think I've been in the bath long enough," It was the truth. The water had gone luke-warm, and it shone a rosy colour from the blood that had seeped from my wound, bandages long gone.

"I can see that. The annoying short robot filled the wardrobe with clothes in your size. Get dressed and I'll dress your wound." Bee turned away as I carefully got out of the bathtub, wrapping myself in the nearby fluffy white towel. My hair dripped water down my back since it was still wet, but I wrung it out for the time being. Hopefully, they had a hair dryer somewhere in this giant castle. How Cogman had figured out my clothing size was a mystery; although he probably asked Sam. It was a relief to be able to change into clean clothes.

Bee was sorting out the stuff he needed to dress my wound in the bathroom, which gave me the opportunity to go through the dozens of hangers in the wardrobe, each holding a different item of clothing. After a moment of deliberation, I went with a loose grey t-shirt and jean shorts that went to my mid-thigh. They were still pretty comfortable and allowed me movement. "Alright, I'm done now!" I called out to Bee as I sat down on the bed, pulling on a pair of black socks. He returned with a first aid kit, taking a seat beside me. "This will most likely hurt a little bit."

I just lifted my shirt to above my ribs, allowing him access to my wound. He got to work with an antibacterial wipe, ensuring it wouldn't get infected. It burned a little, and as I hissed quietly, he whispered an apology. "So, how did you get this?" I knew he was talking about the stab wound. He'd likely want to kill Santos for what he did, but at this point, I'd let him. "TRF soldier who hated you for killing one of his men took it out on me. He brought a few buddies, but the fight ended with his own knife to his throat. By my hand, of course."

I shuddered slightly as I remembered the event. The anger that blinded me, sending me into a rage. I'd almost killed him, as I had Harvison. I was becoming more and more dangerous. Bee covered my wound with a gauze pad, wrapping a soft bandage securely around my waist to hold it in place. Once he was sure it was secure, he went back to the bathroom to drain the tub and put the first aid kit away. Without him to distract me, I ended up examining my severed pinkie finger. I didn't even know I was scowling until Bee came back.