5 | 15

To say I wasn't sore would be a lie. Bee had painted somewhat of a 'sunset' on my neck, different coloured bruises from numerous hickies littering my neck. Sam was the first to notice it, pointing it out to Cade. Luckily Cade was too tired to make fun of it. "So the TRF is setting up a temp base somewhere in London?" Will was still with us, sitting at the long dining table and giving us as much information as he could before he had to return to the TRF. Surely they would question his disappearance being aligned with my own, but he would likely come up with an excuse. Hopefully.

"No, they're staked out near Westminster. I was contacted earlier this morning though; they know you're here, and they're on their way." Couldn't he have warned us earlier? I guess it was fair since he was playing for the other team, but still. Sam started to panic, being his overreactive self. "We need to get going. If they find us, they'll probably detain us or kill us!" I'd been toying with the knife next to my now empty plate when I decided to add my ten cents. "Let them come." Clearly, I'd been giving off a menacing vibe by sitting at the end of the table in a relaxed position, toying with a knife while trying to pretend my head wasn't thumping painfully.

It felt like I was hungover. I'd been kept up so late by Bee that I'd gotten barely any sleep, so existence was quite literally pain right now. My stab wound had also healed during the bond repairing, which was absolutely lucky as hell. Sam shifted uncomfortably as I continued to twirl the knife, which I noticed. And it pissed me off a little bit. "I'm sorry, does this scare you?" I twirled the knife in my hand, watching how my brother grew wary. Even Cade, who was half asleep in his chair quickly woke up at the sight of the ominously twirling knife. My brother swallowed nervously in response to my question.

"No. It's just that Will told me last night about your... behaviour when you were with the TRF. How you almost killed that soldier and stabbed the doctor." The room had fallen silent now. Cogman, who stood diligently in the corner of the room awaiting any requests, was shifting his stance, as though preparing for a fight. My hands began to shake, warning me that another fit of rage was coming. I could now hear the presence of a voice in the back of my head, just as I had when I held that pistol to my head yesterday. But, again, the voice was not familiar. It was more feminine, crooning softly in a way that both made my blood run cold and my lips turn into a smile. Her orders were always villainous; whether it be murder or my own death.

I slowly stood from my chair, keeping my eyes on my brother as I balled my hands into fists to prevent the shaking. In an attempt to put out the growing fire. "That soldier lied to Bee, just to weaken him." The knife was still clenched in my right fist, but I couldn't let go of it. "That doctor tortured me to break our bond." Without thinking, I pointed the knife straight at Sam, right between his eyes, my arm outstretched to cover the distance. "They deserved what happened to them. And you know what? I enjoyed watching them suffer. They can go straight to hell for all I care." Edmund suddenly walked into the room, opening the doors with a flourish as he did so.

He definitely wasn't expecting to see me pointing a knife at my brother, nor the angry look on my face. But he came prepared. He'd been listening in on our conversation for the past few minutes. "And what will you do, once you've successfully murdered those two men, hm? Will you live a peaceful life, too worried to think about the blood you have spilt?" My body was acting against me, getting increasingly angry with Edmund and my brother. I could see what it was doing to me. I wanted it to stop, and yet I couldn't do anything. The voice had complete control over me again. "I'll be happy, knowing those men are suffering like they deserve."

Edmund shook his head, knocking his cane against the door beside him. "I've heard from your companions that this is not your normal behaviour. Why do you think Lennox brought you here? He knew you were unstable for a reason." Whatever was controlling me didn't like being undermined by Edmund. My aim quickly shifted from Sam to Edmund, and I saw Cogman's neck briefly flare in a spike of aggression since I was vaguely threatening his charge. "Don't act like you care all of a sudden. The only reason I'm still here is that it keeps Bee in check. Admit it!"