3 | 1.2

September

"If you touch me with that stick, I'll hit you." Sam had dragged a stick through the edge of the lake, raking up a gigantic wad of mud and what looked like some form of animal crap.

"Don't be a baby, I'm not gonna touch you with it." Sam was a terrible liar, and I made a show of throwing several objects at him while he attempted to advance on me. We were in a secluded area, which allowed Bee to transform and lounge about in his bi-pedal form. He was doing that now, and I used him as a barrier between Sam and I. "Sam, I swear to God,"

Bee suddenly plucked the stick from Sam's grasp, holding it above him in one servo. "Hey, woah- Okay, okay. I'll stop." With what sounded like a satisfied whirring noise, Bee dropped the stick away from the both of us. I almost felt bad for Bee since he had to put up with us.

His yellow paint job looked so out of place against the green background of the reserve. Not to mention that he was a giant alien robot. That also made him look out of place. "Do you think we'll be able to see the sunset from here?"

Sam peered at the horizon, stretching up in an attempt to see over the treetops. These oak trees were beautiful and scenic, but a pain in the ass if you enjoyed seeing the sunset like I did. "No, not with the oak trees in the way. Should see a little bit of an orange sky though." An orange sky would have to do.

"Shouldn't you two have set up your sleeping areas by now?" A man's voice came through Bee's radio, and the intrusion caused a tiny shock in my torso as I physically jumped. Sam had given up on the air mattress after the first five minutes, and I never bothered with mine since the weather was so nice out here.

"Probably. Sam, help me with our mattresses." My brother and I spent the next ten minutes blowing up our air mattresses manually, with a pump that mom had lent us. I tried to manoeuvre the giant double air mattress into our tent but to no avail. We probably should've blown it up once it was inside the tent.

"For fuck sake," I tried to shove it through the small doorway, but it wouldn't fit. "Here, let me help." Sam joined me in shoving the air mattress, Bee watching in amusement as we struggled. Eventually, the mattress compressed just enough to be pushed through the doorway, and I fell onto it when it went through.

"There we go!" Sam put his hands on his hips, smiling at his good work. Whilst I lay on the air mattress, my hip aching from where it landed unceremoniously on the floor of the tent. Only my upper torso was graced with the fluffy landing of the air mattress.

"Get yours in here so we can start a fire." I had packed the necessary supplies to make smores and hoped to get Bee to try one. In his holoform, he might have a sweet tooth for human snacks. Sam let out a huff as he dragged his single air mattress into the tent, dropping it in one of the connecting rooms. It was a large tent, capable of fitting a family of four, so it was almost like an igloo in shape, with two connecting rooms off the side.

"Done. Now how are we going to start a fire? We don't have any firewood, let alone an axe to get some." A deafening crack answered Sam's question. For three seconds straight, Sam stared at me, and I stared right back.

We had often joked about having some form of a sibling bond, where we could speak to one another through our thoughts. While this hadn't been proved right, in that moment, I knew we were thinking the same thing. 'What the fuck has Bee done now'. "Bee," I ducked out of the tent with Sam on my tail, but we froze upon seeing Bumblebee.

He had ripped an oak tree from the ground. He was also holding half of the tree out to us. "Uh, Bee, we can't use half an oak tree. It needs to be smaller."