4 | 18

It was a bit of a worry when Bee woke me up. He seemed panicked as he nudged me. I was still resting in his altmode, his holoform's chest acting as my pillow. "Wha... What's wrong...?" My entire body was aching, my condition having deteriorated even further. Bee was holding onto my shoulders, a worried expression on his face. "I-I thought you'd stopped breathing." As much as I wanted to go back to sleep, I needed to stretch my legs. Badly. "I'm okay." It was a faint whisper. The aching in my thigh had been joined by intermittent chest pains, mainly where my lungs were.

I was definitely getting worse. Every breath was painful, but I could deal with it. For now, at least. "Let's get you moving." Bee carefully got out of his altmode, holding my hand tightly as I stepped out onto the grass. My legs were weak, but I was holding on at least. "Can you walk?" I was a little hesitant to let Bee go, but I stumbled forward a few metres, feeling my cramped leg muscles stretch almost painfully. "You're doing so well, princess." I heard Bee transform, and the familiar yellow servo swooped in as I started to wobble. I leaned against it, gaining back my lost breath.

"Thanks, Bee. It's good to know someone's staying positive." I cast a look around the valley, spotting the small groups of individuals. Drift and Hound were on the other side of the clearing, near a small waterfall that trickled down the wall of mossy rock. The rest of the humans, including my brother, were gathered together near the entrance to the valley. It was a narrow pathway, closed in on both sides by steep inclines of rock. "I'll be back soon, okay Bee?" He was a little hesitant to let me go, but I made sure to take it slow rather than running before I could walk.

"Morning Rose-Whoa!" Tessa physically jumped when she saw me. "You look like death." Her boyfriend joined in, but rather than getting butthurt about it I just pulled a face at them. "Ha ha, very funny. I already know I look like shit." Sam was sitting on a dry boulder that was embedded in the ground, and he offered me an arm. I sat beside him, letting him wrap his arm around my shoulders. "So, what's the plan? Do we have a plan?" It took me a moment to notice Joyce sitting beside Cade, 'the Seed' in his arms. It was in a black bag, zipped up tight, but I still knew it was the Seed.

"We don't have a plan yet. Crosshairs is still attempting to fix the ship." There was a loud echoing noise from within the belly of the ship, but it seemed like I was the only one who heard it. "Did you guys hear that?" When everyone else shrugged or mumbled a 'no' in response to my question, I frowned. How could no one have heard it? It was almost like a growl. I listened out for it, heading the sound again. It was louder this time. "Are you guys seriously not hearing that?" This time, Sam squeezed my shoulders. "There's no noise, Rose. Are you sure you're not just tired?"

I'd been sleeping constantly for the past two days. I think I'd had enough sleep to last me a while. "No, I heard it! It came from the ship!" My brother didn't seem all that concerned with it. "It's probably just Crosshairs working on the ship. Don't worry about it." He dropped the subject, leaving me to fume. If no one was going to take me seriously, then I was just going to have to investigate by myself. In a hushed tone, I spoke to my brother. "I'm going for a walk." Sam just nodded in response, letting me go. I could see Bee in my peripheral vision, looking like he was about to start scrapping with Drift again.

Putting this aside, I focused on the task at hand. Finding whatever was making such animalistic noises from within the ship. My investigating took me into the same part of the ship where I first woke up with Bee, large cages in a semi-circle. The biggest cage looked like it was empty, and I approached it as a low growl emanated from inside. My footsteps must have woken it up because the growling stopped, and a pair of glowing red eyes emerged from the darkness. I was locked in a stare down with the creature, both terrified and excited by my new discovery.

I didn't want to startle it, so I stayed silent, moving towards it very slowly. It seemed to be hanging upside down, and as my eyes adjusted to the darkness, I started to see more of it. The creature was gigantic. Bigger than Optimus. And it was hanging upside down, it's head hanging just inches from the bars of its cage. Fear had a tight grip on my chest, but I planted my feet, refusing to give in to the creature. Compelled to calm the giant, I lifted one hand, reaching into the cage. My arms were long enough that I could easily touch the creature without being pressed up against the cage.