3 | 1.10

December

Lucky for me, Bee was very understanding about the whole thing and didn't tease me about it. Well, maybe just a little. But I was okay with that, even if it made me look like a tomato.

My mom made us come inside later on so we could decorate the tree. Bee used his holoform to help me put the star on top, which was a sort of tradition in our house. Apparently, it gave us good luck.

Bee let us have our Christmas Eve dinner as a family, but I insisted he join us for present opening in the morning. Even if he wasn't human, I was damn well going to include him in holidays.

| | |

I was the first one up in the morning. I checked my phone, surprised to find that it was only 6:50 am. The sun was only just starting to peek over the horizon. As quietly as I could I made my way downstairs and out to the garage.

Bee's dormant altmode was parked there, obviously in recharge. He didn't hear me come in and luckily didn't go into a defensive mode when I placed a hand on his hood. "Morning Bee." The Camaro acknowledged me, it's headlights flicking on to illuminate the dark garage.

"Merry Christmas you big softie. Now come on, you're joining us for Christmas morning." I didn't get a reply at first, but Bee's holoform soon flickered on, the blond man yawning rather loudly.

"Did you have to come and get me so early?" I shot him a pointed look, and he held up his hands in surrender. "I'm kidding."

He then followed me inside, nearly knocking over one of my mom's prized decorative vases on his way through. I knew Sam and our parents were still asleep, so I made Bee stay in the lounge while I went upstairs to wake them up.

Sam knew the drill, getting up without me having to ask him twice. Mom and dad, however, just as they did in previous years, refused to get up. With Sam's help, I managed to get them up and moving so we could start the morning.

Once mom had had her coffee, she was wide awake and making a start on breakfast. Dad was still sluggish despite his coffee and was resting on the couch next to the Christmas tree.

Bee was still in the lounge, waiting ever so patiently as mom cooked for the family. The rules of the house stated that all family members had to be present for the unwrapping of Christmas presents, and as much as I wanted to get on with the gift-giving, I didn't dare try it without mom.

Sam wasn't fussed, peacefully enjoying his Christmas morning with a cup of coffee and his phone to scroll through a social media.

Mom came out of the kitchen after twenty or so minutes, still dressed in her messy apron. "Okay, who's ready to open gifts?" I'd previously been quite relaxed beside Bee, but upon hearing mom's words I leapt to my feet. "Me! I'm so ready!"

It was only as Sam looked at me in amusement over his phone that I realised what I'd done. "I mean, yeah, I don't care." I slowly sat back down beside Bee, who simply wrapped his arm around my shoulders again without making a remark about my behaviour.

"Alright. I'll hand them out." Mom started to give out the presents, and I was surprised to find that there were four presents for Bee, meaning that my parents and Sam had each gotten him something. From his holoform's jacket, Bee produced a small black box.

"For your seasonal holiday." He then handed it to me, a smile on his face. Sam was squinting at the box, and I watched in my peripheral vision as an understanding look dawned on his face. Had he taken Bee to get the gift? "Thanks, Bee," I took the box from him, carefully opening it. Inside was a ring, but it wasn't any kind of engagement ring or anything.