4 | 06

"So there's been no sign of any others?" Optimus rumbled. He'd transformed into his new bi-pedal form earlier, and he looked much different than the last time I saw him. A good kind of different, however. "No. We are all that is left." The blue and black Autobot named Drift responded to Optimus, and after a moment scorned Bee. "Bumblebee has held command, but this pint has a total and complete lack of warrior discipline. He is like a child." Bee quickly handed me off to the dark green Autobot Hound, who was less than impressed to have me in his servos.

"Bee!" I couldn't stop him from attacking Drift, and the two engaged in a small fight. I was relieved when it ended, but not since Drift had one of his swords against Bee's neck cables. "Am I the lone sage who sees through this puppy dog eyes act?" Drift smugly smirked, then hissing to Bee. "It's beneath you!" I was about to have a go at Drift, but the bright green Autobot named Crosshairs spoke up before I could. "Yes! I've been waiting for them all to dispatch each other so I could take charge with no trouble at all! Just me, reporting to me."

Optimus made his way over to diffuse the tension before it got any worse. "Autobots!" Drift had let Bee go from his hold, and the yellow Autobot stormed over to Hound. There was a wordless exchange as Hound gave me back to Bee. "Lockdown is hunting us, and humans are helping. We need to know why." There was a moment of silence. None of us knew why the bounty hunter was working alongside humans. "Listen, I don't have an idea of why, but I think I know who," Cade said, holding up the drone he'd stolen during the raid on our house.

We didn't have a projector, but apparently, Drift was equipped with digital imaging inside his Bugatti Grand Sport Vitesse altmode, so he transformed and let Cade work his magic to see if we could watch the footage contained within the drone. During this period of time, Bee had transformed into his 1967 Camaro altmode, and I hung around since I didn't want him to be alone. Crosshairs, believing Bee to be in recharge, strutted over in his bi-pedal form, swishing his cape made of metal behind him.

"I'm not too fond of humans, but I want to know why dear little Bumblebee likes you so much. Mind taking a drive with me?" I was very clear in my opinion, taking a seat on Bee's hood. "Sorry, I'm not up for sale." I snapped, barely giving Crosshairs a single glance. "Kitty has claws." Hound chuckled, cleaning one of his guns a little ways away. We'd been here for a good few hours now, and I was annoyed to have missed out on the sunset because of it. But it was now dark enough for Cade to play the footage from the drone through Drift.

I hopped off Bee's hood, allowing him to transform and join the rest of the Autobots. Our group gathered around the rock wall where Drift was projecting the footage. "This drone I stole recorded footage of an Autobot raid. It's in pieces, but look what happens here-" The Autobot in the footage was red, and looked rather familiar. I was the first to recognise him. "Leadfoot! He was a Wrecker." Hound looked surprised to hear that I knew about Leadfoot, let alone the Wreckers. It got much worse.

The footage was choppy and mixed up, but after the death of Leadfoot, another familiar Autobot came into frame. "Ratchet..." The emergency vehicle altmode of my old ally was attempting to outrun military forces but didn't get too far. Once he was caught, he tried to reason with them. I couldn't watch any longer, looking away from the projection. How could humans be so cruel? They saved our race from the Decepticons, and this is how we repaid them? By hunting them down and murdering them?

"And later this truck comes to haul them off. KSI, Kinetic Solutions. Defence, aerospace, government contracts," Cade took a moment to examine the drone closely. "And they designed this drone." I was taking deep breaths, determined not to cry over what was presumably the death of Ratchet, even if we hadn't seen the shots that ended his spark. Shane decided to add in his ten cents, asking a stupid question. "So these guys just hunt you down and pass you off to this KSI?" I wanted badly to be sarcastic, but that wouldn't improve the tension in the group at all.