3 | 1.11

December

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" Will started to circle me, leaving me to come up with an idea to subdue him. He was bigger than me, meaning I'd have to use my swiftness to my advantage.

The Autobots had created a circle around us now, making this more of a boxing match than a training session. I did my best to watch how Will moved, keeping an eye on his footwork, trying to catch him out.

"Trying to analyse my movements won't help you," Will smirked, clearly thinking he had the upper hand. He circled me again, and I faced him the entire time. He swung with a calculated punch, and it just missed my jaw. "Focus."

He swung again, and this time I deflected it, throwing a punch of my own. It was messy and weak, but I managed to hit Will nonetheless. "Good. Now that you can punch, let's see you fight."

Will started to advance on me, and it was a little scary to see him in his soldier mode. It scared me enough that I scrambled backwards until my shoulders hit metal. Looking up, I found myself pressed against Optimus' pede.

The semi placed a digit on my shoulder, gently nudging me back towards Will. I took it as a reassurance, gathering up every bit of confidence I had. "Alright, Will. Don't hold back."

The soldier's eyes hardened and he suddenly came at me with fists balled. I managed to deflect the first punch, but the second struck me across my left cheek. I didn't expect it to hurt so much, and the sting from my lip certainly added to my new experience.

Knowing he wasn't going to stop unless I got him on the floor, I simply ignored the pain as best I could, getting back into a defensive stance. Keeping my footwork in check, I took a step forward and threw a punch towards Will's jaw.

It took him by surprise, the fact that I was being bold with my attack. My punch landed as I'd planned, knocking Will back a little. Despite the strength behind my hit, Will wasn't bleeding at all. "Come on, you gotta hit harder than that."

A little angry now at his goading, I let my anger control my movements. They became more violent, and eventually, I managed to get behind him so I could take out the back of his knee again.

Instead of letting him grab me, I placed a knee on the small of his back, using what weight I had to pin him down. I thought I'd won, which was a mistake. Will's hands were free, and he easily threw me off him. Landing on the concrete heavily was not a nice feeling, and I'd landed on my face. My nose was now aching like a bitch.

"You'll have to try harder than that." I forced myself to get up, glaring at Will. "Do you always run your mouth in battle?" I tried to keep my anger in check, planning my next move. But when he spoke about Bee, I lost it. "Not always. Only when I'm up against a little girl who relies on her car to protect her."

Absolutely pissed, I ran at him. "I can do just fine without Bumblebee!" My next swing was full of anger, making it strong and brazen. Unlucky for Will, it connected with his jaw, and I swore I heard a crack.

Will staggered for a second, catching himself with years of practice. "There's the strength I was looking for." His mumble confused me and caught me off guard. Since I was distracted, Will landed a hit to the side of my face again. This time it clipped my nose, and I was sent crumpling to the ground.

"Rose!" A metal servo suddenly grabbed me, almost giving me whiplash with how fast I was lifted from the ground. Sticky blood was running down my chin from my nostrils, but I didn't want anyone to fuss. I just wanted to be treated like any other person.

"I'm fine, I'm fine!" I recognised the yellow hand that was holding me as Bee. I was resting on my knees in the palm of his servo, my stomach doing flips at the taste of blood in my mouth.