Chapter Five || Tulips and Bluebells

I blink. Meghan smiles sheepishly at me. I blink again. She's what? Did I hear her right? I look over at Harry. "Surprise?" He questions, rubbing the back of his head.

"I'm honestly speechless right now." I say my gaze drifting between everyone at the table. Why did everyone know but me? Even Charlotte knew!

"For good reasons or for bad?" Meghan asks, looking worried.

"...Both." I look at my pregnant sister-in-law, "Congratulations, really, I am beyond excited for you guys, but..." I pause and look back at Harry, "Can we uhm, talk in private please, brother?"

Harry nods and stands up, gesturing to the door. We walk out into the hall. "How many months is she?" I ask him.

"About three..." He answers.

"Harry," I speak in a hushed tone, "you know I don't like things being hidden from me. You Know!"

"I do know, and I apologise, Lilia, I really do. It's just that Meghan-"

"Harry." I snap, cutting him off. "The last time something was hidden from me, was when I woke up and the next thing I knew, my mother was dead, in Paris. No-one even told me she went to Paris. Everyone is always hiding things from me!"

My orange-haired brother keeps quiet as I go on. "Never, Never have I liked surprises or people hiding things from me since then." He looked upset. Hurt even. "I-I'm sorry... I didn't mean-" my eyes well up.

"No. It's okay. I hid something from you. You have every right to be like this." Harry says, his own teary-eyes looking at mine.

"I'm uh, going to head back to my room. Tell Meghan I say congratulations," I walk off.

-----

"Princess? You need to wake up... You have an engagement with your brothers in two hours." My maid, Cecilia, tells me as she wakes me up the next morning.

"Yes, thank you Cecilia. You may go now." Cecilia is a lovely girl, not much older than myself, with a husband and toddler.

"As you wish." She says as she leaves my bedroom. I spend the next hour getting ready, letting people help with my makeup and choosing out a dress. I pick out a light blue one with a small, pearl necklace and matching bracelet.

-----

"Lils, time to go." A voice from behind my door says.

"Alright, I'm coming William!" I hurriedly leave my room.

-----

Our driver opens my door and I step out, cameras flash everywhere, following our every move. We can never get away. As we walk into the Hospital foyer, we are greeted by one of the senior nurses.

"Your Highnesses, we are honoured that you came to visit us once again," She says, smiling as she gives a slight curtsy.

"And we are honoured to be back." William says, formally.

"Come, let us go see the children." Harry begins walking. Both he and William always speak so... royally when out doing engagements. I never understand why.

We all follow behind him as we make our way to the cancer ward. My heart breaks as I see all the young ones, and I have to take a minute to stop myself from tearing up.

"You alright?" William asks, placing his hand on my back to comfort me.

"Yeah, I'll be fine, thank you." As we are walking, I see a little girl in her room, by herself . "Excuse me, Janice?" I speak up, talking to the nurse, "May I ask who that little one is?"

"Ah yes, little Belle Phillips, she's only seven years old. And to top things off, she's been an orphan since she was three." Janice informs me.

"May I go talk to her? You guys can go on without me, I'll catch up."

"Of course, Princess Lili." Janice grants me permission and walks off with my brothers in tow.

I knock at the young girls door and she looks up at me, a small smile forming on her face.
"May I come in, Little Princess?" I ask, smiling sweetly at her.

"Only if you call me a warrior instead. I don't want to be like the other girls." She replies her eyes sparkling.

"Well of course, my little warrior," I say, walking into her room. "My name is Eulilia, but you can call me Lili if you'd like."

"I'm Belle. I know who you are, I see you on TV all the time! You are my favourite Princess!" She practically jumps up and down on her bed as she talks to me. "What's your favourite flower?" She asks.

"I love Tulips, especially the purple ones!" I say, smiling at the thought of my favourite flower.

"Well then, I am going to call you 'Princess Tulip' from now on!" She says happily.

"What are you favourite flowers, little warrior?" I ask the child, curiously.

"I like Bluebells... and not because of the name!" She giggles.

"I will call you 'Bluebell' from now on!" I say, partially mimicking her, making her laugh.

"Well, well, what's going on in here?" Harry says, stepping into the room.

"Just talking about flowers, Prince Henry." Belle says, calling him by his birth name.

"Yes, Henry, just talking about flowers." I join in, cheekily.

Harry rolls his eyes, glancing at Belle's bedside table where a bunch of different flowers sit.

"And of course, me being everyone's favourite royal, those must be for me." He goes to pick them up.

"No! They're for Princess Tulip!" The young girl says, slapping Harry's hand away.

My brother fakes looking hurt before saying, "Wait. Who's 'Princess Tulip'?"

"That, my dear brother, would be me." I say picking up the flowers.

Soon, William walks in, saying we have to leave since we've already been here for two hours. I hug the girls small frame and my brothers and I say goodbye to Janice, before leaving the hospital.

"I still cant believe that little girl slapped me!" Harry complains to us as we drive back to the palace.
William looks at us, confused.

"I'll tell you later." I say, smirking at Harry.

-----

A/N

Heyo

Still cringey? Yes

But anyway (She asked me not to do this buuut...)
Thank you to my friend Moniquelamont for coming up with Belle's character!

I apologise for any mistakes

Byeee

A/N part two!

Man, this chapter actually sucks.

I hate editing.

29/07/19