Chapter Sixty-Nine

"Dad, Camilla, Shawn and I are engaged."

You know those silences where you can hear the imaginary crickets chirping in your head? Well, that's basically what's happening right now. That was, until my father hugged me.

"Congratulations, Eulilia, Shawn. I mean it, I really do. The two of you are perfect for each other." Shawn was hugged next, most likely quite confused. As was I.

"And by perfect he means that you are both stuck-up little children with fantasies and dreams that are never going to come true because you're both so childish." The witch speaks, a small smirk showing itself.

I raise my eyebrow at Shawn, before turning to talk to him. "Do you think it's rude to not invite evil step-mothers to weddings? I mean, imagine what would happen."

I noticed Camilla gaping at me before huffing and leaving the room, muttering something about us being like children. I had to laugh.

"Whatever am I going to do with you, Eulilia Rose?" My father grinned as he too, left the room.

Shawn and I glanced at each other before absolutely losing it. We were doubled over in laughter. Eulilia one, Wicked Witch of the West zero. Once we had calmed down, wiping the stray tears from our eyes, I spoke. "Suddenly I remembered you have parents who we should also probably tell."

Tapping on the screen of his phone, Shawn rang them on a video call. Almost instantly, Karen answered. "Shawn! What a surprise! How are you?"

"I'm fine, mum. Lili's here too." He turned the screen to face me and I gave a small wave.

"Eulilia darling! It's great to see you! You should come visit sometime, it feels as if we haven't seen each other for years!"

Shawn rolls his eyes. "Sometimes I think she likes you more than me."

Laughing, I hold my left hand up to the camera, showing Karen the engagement ring. "So thia happened."

The lady gasped, instantly calling for her husband. "Manny! Get over here! Your son just got engaged to a princess!"

"Mothers." Shawn muttered.

"Move over, Karen, you're blocking the screen!" Karen tsk'd but moved over, allowing Manuel to sit next to her. "Congratulations, Lilia! But Shawn, you could always warn a man."

"Sorry Dad," Shawn laughed, scratching the back of his head. "How have you guys' been? How's Canada?"

"We're the same as we usually are. Though it is oddly quiet without Aaliyah around. Where is she, by the way?" Karen asked her son, who answered straight away.

"With Oscar."

"I'm placing my bets now, the two of them are going to get married once they're older!" Manny exclaims, recieving a hit over the head from his wife.

"Stop betting on our children!"

I laughed, watching the couples' friendly banter. "Sorry to interupt," I started. "But the two of us should probably go. We need to keep organising things for the wedding."

Karen smiled, understanding. "Weddings are tough. Congratulations, the two of you, we'll talk soon. Bye! Love you!"

-----

"Holy Cricket! You're Harry Potter! I'm Hermione Granger. And, you are?"

Shawn laughed at my impression lf young Hermione from the first Harry Potter movie. "That was amazing!"

"I know, I know. If they make a new set of movies I should be cast as Hermione." I laughed along side him. "But, Emma Watson is an amazing actress. I've met her once. She's lovely."

Yes, Shawn and I like Harry Potter, Yes, we were binge watching the whole series.

"Just imagine it: 'Princess Eulilia cast as the new Hermione Granger!' Or even better, 'Princess Eulilia steals role from actress Emma Watson!'"

I frown. "Maybe not then. Perhaps Hermione could have a blonde cousin."

Again, Shawn laughs. "Plot twist! Hermione is secretly related to the Malfoys! Explains why they hate each other so much."

I snort. "I mean, I could probably pass as a Malfoy with my looks, but I sound nothing like them. Plus, I'm a Hufflepuff and proud!"

"We're idiots." Shawn stated, shaking his heads.

"Famous idiots." I concluded.

-----

A/N

Okay. Not going to lie, this was short.

But hey, I need filler chapters in order to get to the wedding soooo

Yes, I like Harry Potter.

HAVE YOU HEARD SHAWN'S NEW SONG: IF I CAN'T HAVE YOU?!

Imma leave it here if you haven't

Why does it sound so familiar?

Its like Ive heard the tune before...

Oh well.

Still not edited

Bye