Chapter Sixty

"Hello Granny!" I sang as I entered the sitting room she was waiting in. "How are you?"
She smiled and embraced me in a grandmotherly hug. "I'm well dear; and you?"
"I'm great!" I watched her gaze fall down to my hand, wear the promise ring sat. "Do you like it? Shawn gave it to me on Christmas. He has a matching one."
She takes my hand in hers and inspects the ring, reading the words. "That boy loves you alot, Eulilia. I hope you know that."
"I know," I smile, thinking about Shawn. "I love him too." I really do.
"Come, lunch is waiting."
I follow the Queen outside to a table that was in the sun. On the table were many small-sized foods.
She sat and picked up a small sandwich. I did the same.
"Tell me how you've been." She says once she had finished the sandwich.
I think for a moment before answering. "I have been great, Shawn and I have written a few songs, if you haven't already heard." She raises her eyebrows at that.
"I haven't. I will have to listen to them later."

-----

Two hours and an outfit change later, I had just arrived at the children's hospital. Kate wanted to join me, so the two of us walked into the building side by side.
As we walk past the corridor that leads to the cancer ward, I feel my heart clench. Kate notices my gaze and gives me a comforting smile. "At least she's not in pain anymore."
I let out a breath before mumbling. "She was doing so well."
I don't think she heard it because she kept walking. A nurse met us at the surgical ward, her nametag read Jodie.
"Hello," she greeted, "thank you for coming, it means alot to everyone."
Kate and I smile.
"Thank you for inviting us." I spoke. "The children here have a special place in all our hearts."
Not a second later, doctors are hurriedly wheeling a young boy into surgery for God-knows-what.
Trying to brighten the dampened mood, Jodie talks. "Right. Who would you like to meet first?"
In her hand was a sheet of paper, names, ages and reasons for surgery written on it.
"Why don't we start at the top and work our way down?" The Duchess suggests, skimming over it.
"Sounds like a plan."

-----

First Room Visitation

We knocked twice on the door infront of us. The patient's mother opened it, her eyes widening at our sudden appearence.
"Hi!" I smiled. There was a young boy laying in the hospital bed, his eyes closed. He seemed to be sleeping. He looked to be around the age of four, his brown hair scruffy as if it hadn't been brushed in a while. "Sorry to interupt."
"No, no! You're fine. Ollie is asleep at the moment though." She spoke, her voice quiet so she wouldn't wake her son. "I'm Christina, that's Oliver."
Kate stepped forward. "It's lovely to meet you, Christina. If you don't mind me asking, how old is Oliver?"
She smiled at her son. "He recently turned five. Spent his birthday in here, the poor thing."
My eyes dulled at the thought of the poor child.
"Please, take a seat." Christina gestured to the chairs which we graciously accepted.
"How has your day been so far?" I asked, starting a conversation.
The young mother smiled bleakly. "It was going great until Ollie's liver transplant rejected him. He's been through so much."
I quickly embraced the woman who looked as if she was about to cry.
"Sorry," she said, wiping at her eyes.
I pulled away. "Don't apologise, you've done nothing wrong."
She gives a small smile, just as the boy slowly opens his eyes.
"Sorry bud, did we wake you?" Christina says as she walks over to his bedside.
He nods shortly, hugging a stuffed bear close to his chest.
He notices the other people in the room and gives a confused look.
"Hello!" I smile at him, giving a small wave.
He waves back.
"Ollie, this is Princess Eulilia and Duchess Kate, you're very lucky that they're visiting you." Christina explains to her son.
He shows a toothy smile. "Do you live in a castle?"
"Not quite, but it looks like one!"
His grin grows at my statement and he holds his teddy bear up. "This is Robin!"
Kate and I laugh at his sudden introduction. "It's nice to meet you, Robin."

-----

Second Room Visitation

The second room was a shared room with twin twelve year olds, Noah and Peyton. Both had to have surgery on their knees.
"When we go back to school, I am so going to brag about this." Peyton laughed.
Noah was quite anti-social and shy, so was busying himself with a book.
I left Kate talking with Peyton and walked over to Noah's bed. "Is that a good book?" I asked him, sitting in the seat beside him.
He looks up for a split second and nods, before turning the page and continuing to read.
"What's it called?" I asked.
He told me the title and what it was about. I had never heard of it, but it sounded interesting.
Before we knew it, hours had gone by after visiting many kids.

-----

A/N

Okay.

I rushed this chapter.

WHAT IS WITH AUTHORS AND KILLING OFF MY FAVOURITE CHARACTERS?!
Wait- I killed Belle.

BUT STILL. (Just a friendly spoiler warning for booklovers, there are mentions of book character's deaths.)

Like,
• Both my fav characters were killed by the fourth chapter of 'Flamecaster' by Cinda Williams Chima (r.i.p Maggi and Riley, you didn't deserve to die)
•Lauren DeStefano killed Owen in 'The Glass Spare' (I swear to God he better somehow be revived in the sequel)
•Derek Landy has killed MULTIPLE people in 'Skulduggery Pleasant'. (Derek, your books are amazing, but calm down with the deaths would you? Or at least put a 'don't get attatched to this character 'cause they're gonna die' when you introduce them)
•Sarah J. Mass killed Sam in 'Throne of Glass'. *cries* *cries more* *dies* [r.i.p the greatest book character that ever lived. Sarah, I will never forgive you. (Unless you bring him back from the dead.)]
•Victoria Aveyard killed Shade in 'Glass Sword', the sequel to 'Red Queen'. I refuse to read that ever since Moniquelamont told me he dies. (Shade. Come back. Now. Please?)

If one more character I like dies, I swear I'll be put in prison for murder

Don't kill people kids, it's illegal

Bye