Chapter Six || ChickMagnet93

"So, you're telling me that a seven-year-old girl slapped Harry and said that the flowers weren't for him?" William questions as we all sit on my bed in Kensington Palace, like we used to when we were young.

"Yes, that is exactly what happened." I smirk at Harry. Not even two whole seconds later, Wills is in a fit of laughter. Laughing so much he's crying. I'm pretty sure he can't breathe either. Thud! Yes. My thirty-six year old royal brother, just fell off my bed and onto the floor. Still laughing. Harry is silently glaring at him.

"Care to explain why this is so funny to you, brother?" Harry breathes out, clearly not impressed with the future king's behaviour.

"I-It's just... You. Everyone's favourite Prince... Got slapped!" William says between laughter. And, with that, I can't help but join in with this belly-aching laughing fit, whilst Harry is still pouting about being slapped.

-----

At about four in the afternoon, Harry got called into Father's office, and I, being that nosy person I'm known to be, am definitely not eavesdropping on their conversation. Not at all.

"You are leaving next Thursday, so you had better tell her, you've known for months that you're going. The longer you wait, the more angry she'll be about you hiding something from her." I hear Charles say.

"Yes, I know Father, but I think she needs to hurry up and grow out of that. In the future many people will hide things. That's just what people do." Harry replies. He had better not be talking about me or I swear-

"We all know she won't, Harry. Now, go pack. You only have a few days left." I hear Harry stand up from his chair.

"Oh no. He's so gonna see me," I say, whispering to myself. I decide to just face the music and talk directly to my brother, who... will probably be mad at me for eavesdropping. My fault.

Harry walks out of the office and looks at me. "Oh. Lilia. How long have you been there for?" He asks. Fiddling with the bottom of his shirt.

"Long enough to hear you talking about me." I reply firmly, holding my ground.

"So you heard that, huh?" His eyes dart around the hall, avoiding eye-contact.

"Harry," I hiss, watching his eyes find mine. I hold his gaze, "You told Father I need to 'Grow up'. It is taking everything in my strength not to slap you right now."

"Eulilia, listen to me, I didn't mean to say that... It kind of just, slipped out." He apologises.

"What are you hiding from me, Henry?" I ask my gaze standing firm.

He sighs. "I-I'm going to Africa next Thursday." He admits as he heaves a sigh.

"Without me?"

"Yes..."

"How long for?" I question.

"Three... Months." He stutters out, looking away from my gaze. I'm stunned. Shocked. Speechless even. I don't think I've ever been away from Harry that long... Except from when he went to college. But that's different. That's not in a different country. Oh for goodness' sake. I'm twenty-two. I should be able to handle this. I'm not little anymore. Plus, I'll be able to meet up with Meghan and Catherine sometime and talk about random things.

"Okay. Have fun." I say, hoping my voice doesn't fail me. Luckily, to my relief, it doesn't.

"That's it? No complaining? No comments? Just 'Okay'?" He seems surprised.

"Yes. I have come to a decision. You said you wanted me to 'grow up' so I'm doing just that. I am twenty-two and you have to do what you have to do." I explain.

He gives a small smile and says 'I'm proud of you, Lils' before walking away. I decide to go outside to the gardens to get a breath of fresh air... And to see the beautiful tulips. Hoping that Lucien isn't there.

-----

"Lili! What a wonderful surprise!" Lucien says with fake enthusiasm.

"Lucien." I nod my greeting.

"Y'know, you could at least pretend to enjoy my company." He pouts.

"Look. Lucien. I don't like you anymore, okay?" I state.

"Keep telling yourself that, Petal." This guy is infuriating. That's a family-only nickname. No Gardeners allowed.

Two can play at that game. "Sure thing, ChickMagnet93." I retort, using his old Wattpad username. (...that's not real.. I made it up... dont go searching for it... Lucien doesnt have an account, coz yknow, he aint real...)

He tries to come up with a comeback but fails and end up walking off. "Bye, Lucie Sweetheart!" You've gotta love nicknames parents give.

-----

A/N

So...

Yeah

That was a weird chapter which I dont necessarily like...

The only reason Im writing these is because apparently people are reading them...

500 views on a very cringey story. Lovely.

Thanks though?

Bye

A/N part two!

I honestly don't remember writing this.

29/07/19