Chapter Seventeen

I walk into my apartment, sit on the couch, and read another letter

-----

My Darling Lilia

25-12-1995

It's your first Christmas today. You looked very confused as Harry and William ran to see what 'Santa' had gotten them. When they tried to explain who Santa is you started laughing at them. That's you, always laughing. From 'Santa' you had gotten a soft, grey bunny toy that you love to death. Leave it to Charles to get you a pile of books on England's History. You were given many other toys and clothes. You were so happy - except when Harry stole the bunny toy. Then you started crying and screaming at him. Beside that, we all had a lovely day. We went out for a picnic. By all I mean: you, Harry, Wills and I. Your Father had "better" things to do.

Love you always,

Your Mother, Princess Diana

-----

Somehow I ended up crying even more after I read that. I suppose by that time Dad had met the witch. I would've only been two months old. I pulled out the next letter.

-----

My Baby,

26-08-1996

Today was a... Sad day. Your Father and I got a divorce. You were only ten months old. Harry was eleven and William was fourteen. Although you may not remember this day, I ask of you, do not blame nor hate your Father. He loves you, even if he doesn't always show it. I know that he likes Camilla. I believe that is one of the many reasons our marriage was falling apart. So, as I said about Charles, I will say about Camilla. Do not hate nor blame her. I'm sure she is a wonderful woman. Deep, deep inside.

Love you to the moon and back,

Your Mother, Princess Diana.

-----

"Very, very deep inside." I give a small laugh and wipe the tears from my face as I open yet another letter.

-----

Eulilia, My sweet little girl,

21-10-1996

It is your first birthday today. That sweet innocent smile never left your face once. Your bedroom was filled with new toys and clothes and many other gifts. There were many people at the palace gates, so we took you outside. They were all wishing you a 'Happy Birthday". They even sang the song! I remember you walked over to a young girl around the age of seven, who gave you a bunch of purple tulips. You then went around to every other person and took the gifts and flowers and placed them inside the gates. You made everyone feel special. I will bet on my life that you will always do this. Always taking the gifts from those who offer, just so you can see them smile. You truly are a wondeful child.

Love,

Your Mother, Princess Diana.

-----

I smile through my tears. I still do that. I always want to see everyone happy. Except Camilla. She took my mother from me. There were four letters left.

-----

My Little Lilia,

25-12-1996

Your second Christmas. You woke up yelling "Sanna! Sanna!" While jumping on my bed to wake me up. Like last Christmas, you got many gifts and we had a picnic. I've made that our tradition. I took you and your brothers around London. You, as usual, went to talk to everyone around you, wishing them a "Happy Christmas" and asking what "Sanna" had gotten them. You were adorable.

Love,

Your Mother, Princess Diana.

-----

My tears kept falling as I thought of my mother writing these letters. I wanted to read them all even though it had gotten quite late at night. It seems I had missed dinner. I read the next letter.

-----

My Child,

28-08-1997

I will be going to Paris very soon. In a few days. You will be staying with your father and brothers here in London. I wish I could take you with me but it just isn't possible. I cry thinking about how much I will miss you when I am away, but I promise to make it up to you when I come back home. I am sure William and Harry will take great care of you. They love you dearly. I will be home before your second birthday.

With Great Love,

Your Mother, Princess Diana

-----

But she didn't come back. She broke that promise. She was not home before my second birthday. There were two letters left. I didn't know what they would be about, since this was from a few days before she died.

-----

Young One,

31-08-1996

I fear something bad is about to happen. The paparazzi have been chasing us for a very long amount of time. As I write this, I am in the car, trying to escape them.
Do not forget that I love you, my little princess------

-----

the 's' had been dragged out like someone had bumped her as she was writing and there were a few small, red splotches on the bottom of the paper. I died inside. My tears were like waterfalls, and I couldn't stop them from falling. I had been the last thought on my Mothers mind when she died. I wiped away at my never-ending tears and picked up the last note with a shakey hand.

-----

Eulilia

02-08-2018

Sister, I am deeply sorry for how I acted this morning. I did not mean to yell like that and I hope you can forgive me. I found these letters in Fathers office. When I asked what they were, he answered with "Nothing Henry. I am about to throw them in the fireplace. It is just rubbish." I took them when he wasn't looking. I suppose by now he knows that I've given them to you. I went to the airport just after our 'argument'. I am sorry I did not say anything to you. As mother said: 'Never leave on bad terms with someone, you never know what might happen.'

Sincerely,

Your Brother, Harry :)

-----

A/N

That was a... Different chapter

I aint editing this soooo yeah

Sorry for any mistakes

Still cringey

-Harper