Chapter Fourty-Six

October eighteenth, six days later

-----

Shawn and I were currently walking around some relatively quiet streets with George and Charlotte. The young Prince was holding onto the singer's hand whilst the Princess was holding onto mine.
"We should go to the zoo," I suggest, looking at the two children. Almost instantly, two big, beaming smiles appear on their faces.
"I'll take that as a 'yes'," I laugh, walking in the direction of the car. Once again, William and Catherine had to go out and left their children with me. I, of course, called Shawn and we decided to take the young royals out for the day.
"Can we see the giraffes first?" George asks, looking expectantly at me.
I smile at the excited boy. "We'll see."

-----

"Hey Georgie," I say, gaining the child's attention. "This looks a bit like Uncle Harry, doesn't it?" I point to the orangutan's. The Prince bursts out in laughter, causing other civillians to look in our direction. Charlotte looks to her brother, seemingly confused at his sudden outburst.
"What's funny?" She asks, her small hand still in mine.
George answers his sister. "Auntie Lilia said that the orange monkey looks like Uncle Harry." With that, he starts laughing again, Charlotte joining him.

-----

Finally, we had reached the giraffes. George was sitting on Shawn's shoulders, pointing at them and smiling. Charlotte was sitting on my hip, wondering how their necks could be so long. To people who didn't know us, we'd probably look like the cutest family.
"Princess Eulilia!" Oh crap.
"Shawn!"
"Prince George! Princess Charlotte!"
"Smile!"
"Are you on a date? Are you a couple?"
I look over at Shawn, subconsciously holding onto Charlotte tighter. Just as one of the cameramen take a step closer, one of our bodyguards stops them.
Two of the other bodyguards escort us back to the car whilst the other joins the one stopping the paparazzi.
Shawn and I help put the kids' seatbelts on before hopping in the car ourselves. "Are you two alright?" I ask.
George nods. I turn to his sister who looks slightly spooked by the ordeal. I gently rest my hand on her head. "You okay, Lottie?" She looks up at me and gives a short nod but grips my hand tightly. "How about we get some ice-cream?" That put a smile on their faces. Shawn's too.

We arrived at Marine Ices, the ice-cream parlour and walked up to the display cabinet. "Do you know what flavours you want?" I asked them, eyeing the tubs of 'cookies and cream' and 'chocolate fudge brownie'.
Shawn points to the plain 'chocolate'. "This one but I'm paying."
I stare at him. "No, I'm paying."
He frowns. "No, I am."
"I am."
"No, I am."
I groan at our childish behaviour. "We'll split it."
He reluctantly agrees and I turn to George. "Have you chosen one?"
He bites his botton lip and stares at the many flavours before pointing to the 'Vanilla'.
"Vanilla? Sure. Charlotte, what about you?" She too looks at the flavours and turns back to me.
"I don't know." She says, pouting.
I laugh at her cuteness. "Strawberry?" I ask.
She grins and nods, practically drooling.
I let put one last chuckle and walk over to the register.
"Have you decided?" The cashier asks politely.
I nod. "We'll have one Chocolate, one Vanilla, one Strawberry and a double scoop of Cookies and Cream and Chocolate Fudge Brownie please."
She types on the computer before saying, "That'll be £11.20."
Before I could react, Shawn hands her the money. I glare at him. "I thought we were going to split it?"
"I did say I was going to pay. Plus, I had my fingers crossed."
Making a mental note to pay him back, I hand George and Charlotte their ice-creams and walk back to the car.
"Now, try not to spill it." I tell the siblings as we head back to Kensington Palace. "That means you too, Shawn." I smirk.

-----

A/N

Sorry that was so short...

Ice-cream sounds good right about now.

Bye