Chapter Twenty-Five

I sigh. "Shawn, I'm sleeping on the floor. End of conversation."
"Resume conversation. I'm on the floor, you take the bed. Now it's the end of the conversation." Shawn says, looking smug.
"You do know that I could just order you to take the bed?" I reply, smirking at my statement.
"Yes, but I also know that I would disobey that order," my palm connects with my forehead.
"You two have been arguing about this for ten minutes. You are both sleeping in the bed. We all know you'll end up getting married anyways." Aaliyah says, walking into the room. I blush, probably looking like a tomato. I hate tomatoes.

-----

"Shawn! Eulilia! Aaliyah! Mauel! Dinner!" Karen calls out to everyone, placing the roast pork onto the dining table.
We all take a seat. I sit in between Shawn and Aaliyah. "Thank you Karen, it looks lovely."
"Thank you dear, at least someone has manners around here," she looks around at her family.
Multilpe "delicious" and "thank you"s can be heard. I laugh. Our families are so different.

-----

"Lili sweetheart, you don't have to help with the dishes, I'll be fine," Karen persuades.
I ignore her and pick up a teatowel. "I never get the chance to do things like this back home so I'm going to help you anyway. Think of it as a 'thank you for letting me stay'."
She laughs politely and says, "alright then dear, if you insist."

-----

"You know, if you put a hole in a net, there's less holes than there was originally?" Shawn asks.
I put the pillow over my head, groaning. "Shawn. Shut. Up. I am trying to sleep."
"Then try harder," he says, smirking. "I the 's' or the 'c' silent in 'scent'?"
"Shawn," I whine. "Please be quiet."
"Why are they called apartments if they are together?" That's it.
I snap. "Shawn Peter Raul Mendes, I am about to strangle you. Be. Quiet."
He starts singing softly, quiet enough so I am the only one in the house that can hear him.

I love it when you just don't care
I love it when you dance like there's nobody there
So when it gets hard, don't be afraid
We don't care what them people say
I love it when you don't take no
I love it when you do what you want cause you just said so
Let them all go home, we out late
We don't care what them people say

We don’t have to be ordinary
Make your best mistakes
‘Cause we don’t have the time to be sorry
So baby be the life of the party
I’m telling you to take your shot it might be scary
Hearts are gonna break
‘Cause we don’t have the time to be sorry
So baby be the life of the party

Together we can just let go
Pretend like there’s no one else here that we know
Slow dance fall in love as the club track plays
We don’t care what them people say

We don’t have to be ordinary
Make your best mistakes
‘Cause we don’t have the time to be sorry
So baby be the life of the party
I’m telling you to take your shot it might be scary
Hearts are gonna break
‘Cause we don’t have the time to be sorry
So baby be the life of the party

Come out tonight, come out tonight
There’s no one standing in your way
Come out tonight, come out tonight
We don’t care what them people say

We don’t have to be ordinary
Make your best mistakes
‘Cause we don’t have the time to be sorry
So baby be the life of the party
I’m telling you to take your shot it might be scary
Hearts are gonna break
‘Cause we don’t have the time to be sorry
So baby be the life of the party

Yeah, yeah, yeah
Life of the party
So don’t let them keep you down
Oh you know you can’t give up
‘Cause we don’t have the time to be sorry
So baby be the life of the party

-----

3rd person p.o.v

Shawn watched the princess fall asleep to his quiet singing. He smiled. She was so pretty. He would ask her. Not yet, but soon. Although, for him, soon seemed too far away. He had decided. He would ask her on her birthday... If he didn't chicken out.

-----
Eulilia's p.o.v

I awoke the next morning, taking up most of the bed. I looked over at Shawn. He was so close to the edge of bed. I laughed and gently pushed him.
Thud!
He fell on the floor. I pretended to be asleep as he woke up, rubbing his head. I heard his footsteps leave before re-entering the room a minute later. My eyes remained closed. I jumped out of bed the moment I felt a glass of cold, cold water being tipped on me.
"Shawn I am going to murder you!" I yelled, not realising that everyone else could be asleep.
He laughed. "I know it was you who pushed me off the bed, Lils."
I glared. "I have no idea what you are talking about," I couldn't fight the small smirk that made its way to my lips. An idea popped into my head. "Hey Shawn?"
"Yeah?" He asks curiously.
"I could really do with a hug right now," I stated, wrapping my arms around him, water soaking his clothes.

-----

"Bye guys! We'll be back later!" Shawn calls out to his family before walking out of his house.
"So," I say, "where are we going?"
He laughs. "Curiosity killed the cat Lils, you'll find out soon." We get into his car and he drives off.
Twenty minutes later, Shawn parks the car and gestured at me to follow him. I do. We walk into a small, cozy cafè.
"This is my favourite place in Pickering," he states, "they have the best muffins on the planet."
"Mhm, sure they do," I pause. "Won't people recognise us?"
He thinks for a minute. "Maybe. But it's all about the muffins."
I laugh at his childishness as he walks up to the counter and orders. "What'd you get me?" I ask as he comes back to the table.
"A chocolate muffin and a chocolate milkshake. You... Do like chocolate, right?" He looks unsure.
I smile. "Of course I do. It's the best."

-----

"This is amazing!" My eyes grow wide as the chocolatey taste melts in my mouth. "I think you're right. This place is the best."
Shawn laughs. "When am I not? I was thinking of going to the beach after this. I haven't been in a while. That okay with you?" He questions.
I remember what happened the last time I went with Cade and Maya. Oh who cares? It's a different country. "Sure. I don't have a bathing suit though."
"We can stop by a store on the way."

-----

"How about this one?" We were currently looking for a bathing suit. I turn around to see which one Shawn's holding up. I blush profusely.
"Shawn Peter Raul Mendes! Put that back! That is highly inapropriate! Do I need to tell your mother?" I ramble on about the 'bathing suit' Shawn had picked up. He was crying of laughter at my reaction.
"Okay, okay." He looks over at a different one. "What about this?" It was a black one-piece.
"Sure. I'll go try it on. Can you find me a cover-up dress and a towel please? Thank you!" I walk off before he could object. I find a vacant changing room and lock the door behind me.
"Lilia, you in there?" Shawn asks.
"Yeah, did you find a dress?" I ask him as I put the bathinb suit on.
"I did, here," he passes the dress over the top of the door along with a towel. "I didn't know what you'd like but I thought these were pretty so..."
I unlock the door. "What do you think? I like it."

"Looks good Lils," he says, red visible on his cheeks

-----
A/N

I want to go to Canada. Anyone wanna come with?

Bye