Chapter Nineteen

"Happy birthday Meghan!" Catherine and I squeal as our sister-in-law opens her door. We embrace her in a hug.
"Thank you!" She gives a small laugh, "I feel so old."
"You're not old until you're eighty." I tell her, "unless you are Harry or William. They're always old."
Someone picks me up from behind me and tickles my sides. "So I'm old now, am I?"
I look at the person who picked me up, seeing their familiar orange head. "I though you were in Africa?"
"I was, but I couldn't miss my beautiful wife's birthday now, could I?" Harry puts me back on the ground and kisses Meghan.
"My eyes! I have been scarred for life! Romance is deadly!" I run around the room, pretending I was blind. I'm not that childish.
Harry rolls his eyes as Meghan just laughs.
"Excuse me young sir, you do not roll your eyes at me!" I look him in the eye, impersonating the Queen.
"Sorry Grandmother." He plays along.
"Henry, you have never in your life called her Grandmother. It's always been Granny." I laugh. Everyone else laughs with me.

-----

"Okay, is everyone ready?" I ask the other royals who were hiding with me. I am answered with a series of 'yes's and 'ready's. I switch the lighs of and everything goes quiet. I then get a message from Harry.

Orange-Head

We'll be there in two minutes
-Harry

We're waiting!
-Lils

-----

"Two minutes and they'll be here!" I whisper.

The door opens, the lights turn on, and everyone yells: 'Happy Birthday!"
Someone screams. We all turn toward Harry and start laughing.
"Harry. You knew about this, yet we still scared you. You're such a baby!" I wipe a tear from my eye as I continue laughing. He blushes.
"Anyways, who wants cake?!" I ask, raising my voice.

-----

We were now opening presents. As Meghan took the gift from me, I had to stop myself from laughing.
"Whatever you do, don't show Harry,' I tell her, well aware that he was right next to us.
"Now I'm curious. Don't show me what?" He asks.
I just smirk at him.
Meghan opens the present, taking out the journal. Kate and I laugh as Harry tries to read what's inside.
"You can't not tell me. I have to know!" He whines, making us laugh more. Soon Meghan joins us.
"I love it, thank you. I will be sure to hide it from him."

-----

"The entertainment has arrived!" A voice says. I turn around to see Shawn holding a guitar, walking toward the makeshift stage. "Anything you'd like me to sing in particular, Miss Meghan?"
I see her smile. "First, please call me 'Meghan'. No need for formalities. They make me feel even older." A few people laugh at that. "And second, if you could, I do rather like Strings."

All the strings attached girl
All the strings attached girl, oh yeah

Met this girl when I was three years old
We were holding hands tight so I'm told
And it felt like an eternity
Said it felt like an eternity
'Cause I knew back then we were more than friends
Two sided story it all depends
And I'll said it once, and I'll say it again
It'll only end up hurting me

Years flew by I was less than twelve
Long division I need your help
Can you come on over and work with me
Anytime you like I'll make it work for me
'Cause I knew back when if we get too close
When the time is right maybe I'll propose
Baby climb on up, show me the ropes