Chapter Thirty

August thirty-first. Twenty-one years since the unimaginable became a reality. Twenty-one years since three young children were left without their mother. Twenty-one years since the world lost a role-model. Twenty-one years since Princess Diana, mother of William, Henry, and Eulilia was killed.

-----

I lay in bed, staring at the white ceiling above me. Twenty-one years. It was barely seven in the morning and I was already about to cry. And people say I'm strong. I wondered what everyone else was doing. Probably being productive. Knowing London, there was probably already dozens of flowers waiting for us at the gates. Every year, on the thirty-first of August, I never leave my room. Never socialize. Only opening my door to collect the food that waited on the other side. This was my version of mouring the loss of my mother. The woman that should still be alive.
Everyone knows to stay away from me on this day. Especially Charles and Camilla. One glance at them and I'll lose it. The last time I saw Camilla on August thirty-first I started screaming, punching her weakly, then called her a murderer. Can you really blame me?
A knock sounded on my door, signalling breakfast was ready. I opened it and took notice of the bouquet of purple tulips that were waiting for me, along with the bacon and eggs.

 I opened it and took notice of the bouquet of purple tulips that were waiting for me, along with the bacon and eggs

There was a note attached to the tulips which I opened and read.

Dear Eulilia.

We thought you might need some cheering up today and
I remembered that you liked purple tulips, so here you go!
Also, just remember that your mum is watching you and
is very proud of you.
Love,

Shawn, Aaliyah, Karen and Manuel xx

-----

I smiled at the note and set the flowers on my dresser. Taking my breakfast, I walked into my living room and turned on the TV.
"Today is the twenty-first anniversary of Princess Diana's dea--" I changed channels.
"Twenty-one years ago--" I changed it again.
"The people of London have been leaving flowers at the gates of both Kensington Palace and Buckingham Palace to honour the late Princess Dian--" I turned the TV off. Today was going to be horrible. Deciding to just read a book, I picked up 'Furyborn' by Claire Legrand.

-----

Lunchtime had come and gone. It was now three o'clock.
"Lilia?" Kate calls as she knocks on my bedroom door. "I know you don't like being disturbed, but William and I thought it'd be good for you to get out."
I sigh.
"Charlotte would love to spend time with you..."
I sigh again.
"Please Lili?"
I open the door. "Be thankful you have adorable kids."

-----

"What's this? The princess has actually left her room? Who would have thought?" That voice.
I stop pushing the swing that Charlotte is sitting on.
"What do you want Lucien?" I growl. His presence alone gets on my nerves.
"I don't want anything. Just surprised that you actually left your rooms."
"Auntie?" Charlotte's soft voice speaks up.
"Sorry Char," I push the swing again. "Lucien do us a favour and leave."
"Why Princess? Am I annoying you?" He smirks.
"Yes, now leave my niece and I alone." Surprisingly, he does.

-----

A/N

It's nearly Christmas!

Bye