Chapter Thirty-Five

"Welcome to the Kensington Palace, Mendes." I say to Shawn as we walk inside.
"I feel special. No one in my family has been in here before." He tells me, looking around the foyer.
I laugh. "Sorry dork, Aaliyah's been here before."
He looks surprised. "I don't know what's more surprising: the fact that you've given me a nickname or that my little sister has been here before. When did she come?"
"A few days before your birthday, to ask me to come to your party. Dork." I put emphasis on his nickname.
"Okay. Now I feel left out. You need a nickname. What about... Angel?" He suggests.
"Why Angel? I could be a devil for all you know." I smirk.
He ponders. "I mean, you seem like an Angel to me."
I scoff. "Try saying that when I'm pranking you."
He mocks hurt. "You wouldn't dare!"
"Try me, Mendes."
He lets out a sigh. "Fine then, what about... Monkey?"
"Are you implying that I look like one? I am offended!" I joke.
"What- no! How about... Princesa?"
"Princesa?"
"It's portuguese for Princess." He tells me.
"How original." I roll my eyes.
"Okay okay. Last one I can think of. Queenie."
"Queenie? You know that the chance of me being Queen is very slim." I state.
"Well I could kill everyone that's in your way."
"You'd be dead before you could even lay a finger on them, Dork."
He sighs dramatically. "I give up. This is hard."
"You could just call me by my name." I point out.
"But that's so... so boring!"
I swear he's a child at heart.
I let out a breath. "Look, call me whatever you want, just not Princess. Lucien calls me that."
"Lucien... That's the guy?" Shawn asks.
"Yes." I hiss. The mere thought of him just... just infuriates me!
"What are your middle names?" He asks, changing the subject. Thankfully.
I look at him questioningly. "Rose, Maria, Victoria, Charlotte and Elizabeth."
"Well," he starts. "I can't call you Charlotte or Elizabeth for obvious reasons. So that leaves Rose, Maria and Victoria. Victoria seems to long. Rose or Maria? I think Rose. I'm going to call you that now. Rose." He has a weird way of deciding things.
"Whatever you say, Dork."
"Rose."

-----

Shawn was currently talking to William. They seem to be getting along. I had told Shawn to meet me in the Garden once their conversation was over, so here I was, wandering around all the flowers. Occasionally stopping to smell one.
"What're you doing out here alone Princess?" I grit my teeth as I turn around to face Lucien.
"Shouldn't you be busy pulling weeds Lucien?" I snap, mad at him for telling Shawn.
He chuckles. "Feisty today, are we Eulilia?" Murder is a sin, Lili.
"What do you want Lucien?"
"I want many things Lili."
"Look. I'm not in the mood Lucien. Go away." Stay calm.
"You know, that Shawn boy is getting a little too close to you, don't you think?" He circles around me.
"What's it to you?" I spit out.
"Eulilia, sweetheart. You belong to me. Don't you understand?" What is going on?
"I don't belong to anyone. Since when are you so possessive?"
"Since that night." He purrs.
He lays a hand on my shoulder.
"I think we should re-kindle what happened all those years ago," he tilts my head to face him.
"Well I dont. Lucien what are you-" the next thing I know, Lucien's lips were forcefully upon mine. I freeze. What is happening? I break apart, slapping his cheek as hard as I can.
"What the heck Lucien?! What's gotten into you?! You know what? You're not going to have a job tomorrow. I'l make sure of it." With that, I walk off, just as my phone signals a message.

Dorky Mendes

Hey, sorry.
Something's come
up and I had to
leave. Talk later?
-Shawn

Yeah, of course!
Is everything okay?
You can trust me.
-Lili <3

Everything's fine
and I know I can.
Talk tomorrow.
-Shawn

-----

Weird. He didn't even say 'goodbye'.
I walk inside and see William standing at the door, confused.
"Will, can we talk? I need to tell you something."
"Sure, but, do you know what happen to Shawn? He went to the Garden to see you then stormed back inside and left. Is everything okay?" He asks.
He saw it. That's why Lucien kissed me. Shawn was there.
"You need to get Dad to fire Lucien. Immediately."
He looks at me. "Why? He's a good gardener."
"William, he just forced himself on me! I don't care if he's good at his job! I want him gone!"
He looks shocked. "He did what?"
"He kissed me. And I think Shawn left because he saw." I explain, thoroughly annoyed.
"I-I'm going to kill him! No-one touches my sister like that!" I've never seen Wills this mad before. He has murder in his eyes.
"Will please. Just explain to Dad and get him out of here. I need to talk to Shawn." I leave him there and run to my room.

Dorky Mendes

You saw, didn't
you? You saw
Lucien
-Lili

I did.
-Shawn

Shawn please, let
me explain
-Lili

What's there to
explain. Clearly
you both still have
feelings for
eachother.
-Shawn

It's not like that!
I swear!
-Lili

Then what is it?
I saw with my own eyes.
-Shawn

He forced himself
on me. William's
telling Dad to fire
him for me. Please,
Shawn
-Lili

Oh.
-Shawn

Does... This
mean you forgive me?
-Lili

A little. Can we
meet somewhere
tomorrow.. You
know, to talk about
it?
-Shawn

Yeah sure!
-Lili <3

I found a cute cafe
called Élan. Meet me
there at eleven?
-Shawn

Sure! My friend
works there. See you
then. Bye!
-Lili <3

Bye :)
-Shawn

-----

Thank God that's sorted.

-----

A/N

I used to like you Lucien. But now? You can leave.

Bye