Chapter Fifty-Three

I awoke the next morning, my eyes tired from all the crying the day before. The shock of losing Belle so quickly was really getting to me. Even though I hadn't known her for long, she was like a little sister to me. Why is it that everyone I love and care about seem to die? That little girl had her whole life ahead of her, but it was taken away. I imagine that if she wouldn't want me sulking all day, but nothing can stop me. There is a hollow feeling inside me, a feeling I don't like.
The workers at the hospital had organised a funeral for the girl, but I had intercepted and told them she would be buried at Althorp, where the Spencer's, including my Mother, were buried. I knew my Mother would have loved Belle.
The funeral was set to be on November twenty-ninth. The poor girl didn't even live until Christmas. I had been planning on having a picnic, like we did when we were children. Belle, of course, was going to be invited. Why wouldn't she be?
A knock sounded on my door. Great. Just what I wanted. Guests.
I pulled myself out of bed, wrapping my robe tighter around me. I opened the door a fraction, seeing Shawn. He had obviously been crying from his red and swollen eyes. No doubt I looked like that too.
I opened the door wider, a silent invitation to come in.
The second he stepped inside, he embraced me in a hug, crying. He looked so... Broken. He quickly pulled apart. "Sorry," he mumbled. "I came here to cheer you up. Not break down crying."
I shook my head as to tell him not to worry, and ran my fingers through his hair.
"Stay there, I need to go do something." With that, he walked into my bedroom. Okay...
I did as told and stayed on the couch.
He returned a few minutes later, walking into the kitchen and grabbing two tubs of chocolate ice-cream. He gestured for me to go in my room.
I had to smile at his cuteness when I saw what he had done. He had used many blankets and pillows to make a pillow fort.

 He had used many blankets and pillows to make a pillow fort

He put the movie 'Night at the Museum' on. I hadn't seen it in years. We both cuddled into the many pillows, watching the first film in the trilogy. The ice-cream didn't last very long, so halfway through the movie, Shawn brings muffins and hot chocolate. Isn't he just the sweetest? Almost as sweet as all the chocolate we've had.
"And why wasn't I invited to this pillow fort cuddle-fest?"
My head snapped around, finding Harry watching us with amusement.
One look of my red-raw eyes makes his face soften.
"Still not time for jokes?"
I shake my head, glumly.
"Petal..." he massages my scalp. "Call me if you need anything."
I turn back to the T.V, cuddling into Shawn, wiping away a stray tear. He wraps his arm around me. "It's going to be okay." He whispers. Something makes me believe him.

-----

Apparently Shawn and I had fallen asleep after Harry left. I check the time on my phone. 11:08am. We had slept the whole night. I look over at Shawn who still had his arm wrapped around me. I place a soft kiss to his forehead and try make my way out of the fort. His arm pulls me back to him.
"Shawn," I say, sleepily. His brown eyes stare into my blue ones. "We need to get up. It's eleven."
He grumbles something incoherent and closes his eyes again.
"Shawn?" No answer. "Babe?" Surely he couldn't have already fallen asleep.
He opens his right eye slightly. "Go back to sleep, Muffin."
I raise my eyebrow at him. "Muffin?"
"Mhm," he closes his eye again. "I like muffins and I like you, so it makes sense."
I let out a soft chuckle. "Oh, Shawn. Whatever am I going to do with you?"

-----

A/N

CUUTTEEEEEE

#Shawlilia is aliiivveeee and adorable

Bye