Chapter Fourty-One

October 2nd, Two days later

-----

Kate had asked if I would babysit George and Charlotte while her and Wills go out. Meghan and Harry were somewhere. They just said they were leaving and coming back later, which means there goes my babysitting buddy. So what do I do? I do the next best thing. Message Shawn and see if he'll help me. I mean, the guy basically lives in London since he's here so often.

Dorky Mendes

Are you busy today?
If you're not, I'm
Babysitting George
and Charlotte. I could
use some help if you're
up to it :)
-Lili

I'd love too!
I'll be there in ten.
Tell the guards to let
me in please :)
-Shawn

Thanks! See you soon ♡
-Lili

-

----

George, Charlotte and I sit on my bed, awaiting the singer's arrival. The two were colouring in a picture while I did the young princess's hair.

 The two were colouring in a picture while I did the young princess's hair

A moment later, I recieved a message from Shawn, saying he was here.
"Georgie, Lottie, come with me," I smile, taking the children's hands in mine.
George looks up at me, "Where are we going?" He asks.
"We're going to get my friend," I explain to the young boy. "He wants to meet you."
"Is he your boyfriend?" He looks at me, smugly. What does a five-year-old know about this subject?
"No, he's not!" I reply. Charlotte looks very confused at our conversation. I don't blame her. She's only three.
"Daddy and Uncle Harry said I can't have a girlfriend until I'm thirty. Charlotte can't have a boyfriend either. Are you thirty?"
I laugh. "I'm not, no. Charlotte shouldn't have a boyfriend 'til she's fifty. Hear that Lottie? No boyfriend's until you're at least fifty!" I tickle the girl and she starts giggling.
"Fifty's a bit old, don't you think?" Someone says. Shawn. I look up and, sure enough, there Shawn stands, watching us with humour evident in his eyes.
"Hey," I smile. "Georgie, Charlotte, this is Shawn. Shawn, this is George and Charlotte as you most likely know."
George formally sticks his hand out. I see Shawn suppress a chuckle as he shakes the small hand. He turns to Charlotte and bows politely, making the girl giggle again.
"Your Royal Highnesses," Shawn says, playfully.
George turns his attention back to me. "Can we all go play outside?"
"Of course, Georgie." We walk outside, the sun high in the sky, completely different to yesterday's weather.
"Can we go on yours and Daddy's and Uncle Harry's rope swing?!" George suddenly asks, his eyes all lit up.
My eyes widen at the thought. "No! No no no no no! That thing is so old and will break any minute. I'm not risking any broken bones, your Mother will kill me. Let's go to your swing instead, okay?"
Charlotte starts running as quickly as her little legs could go, toward the swing, yelling "Me first! Me first!"
I laugh at the girl and run after her. Looking behind me, I see that Shawn had picked George up and was running after me.
"We must catch her!" He says, making George squeal.
I catch up to Charlotte and put her on the swing, swinging her gently.

"I beat you!" She tells Shawn and George, as Shawn tries to catch his breath

Shawn smiles at the young Princess, "you sure did. You're really fast."
That made Charlotte giggle with happiness. This girl sure giggles alot.
While Charlotte was still on the swing, Shawn picked her brother up again and placed him on his shoulders. They began running around and yelling silly things to each other.
"They're funny aren't they, Char?" The girl nods, swinging her legs to make the swing go higher.
"Do you like Shawn?" I ask, curious as to what the girl's reply would be. She nods again, giggling. I pick her up off the swing, spinning in circles. "You're very giggly today, Princess!" I laugh. She, once again, starts giggling. How predictable.
I set her on my hip and go looking for the two boys that had disappeared.
"Where did they go, Lottie?" I ask.
She looks around and shrugs. "Don't know."
We walk around the gardens in search of them. "Gerogie! Shawn! Where are you?" I call. A split second of laughter could be heard between rose bushes. I hold my finger up to my lips, a silent way of telling my niece not to make a noise. She understands and nods, also putting her finger to her lips.
I laugh silently at her and walk slowly toward the bush. I count backwards from three on my fingers. When I get to one, we jump around the corner. No one was there. I stand there, confused. So does Charlotte.
"Boo!" A voice yells. I scream, jumping around to face whoever it was. Shawn and George stand there, almost doubling over in laughter.
Charlotte gives a small glare at her brother and Shawn before pouting and turning away from them, her arms crossed.
I smirk and whisper into Charlotte's ear. "Let's go to my room and have a tea party. We dom't need them."
She smiles and runs into the palace. I follow.

-----

"Some more tea, Princess?" I ask, using my best 'posh' accent.
She nods. "Yes, please." She tries to copy my accent.
I pour some of the 'tea' -it was actually water- into her teacup. She sticks her pinky out and takes a sip.
"Liliaaa, Charlotttee, let us in!" Shawn whines from the other side of the door. Charlotte and I start laughing.
I pick up a biscuit off of the delicate plate and take a bite. "Shawn, you're really missing out! These cookies are amazing! Aren't they, Lottie?"
"Yeah!" She says, playing along.
"Well, well. What's going on here?" William's deep voice says, behind the door. I can just imagine Shawn panicking.
"Uh- Your highness. I was just-"
"No need for formalities, Shawn. I've heard plenty about you. Harry and Lili both speak fondly of you. Did she lock you two out? Charlotte's in there too, isn't she?" He chuckles.
"Yes and yes." Shawn says.
The next thing I know, the door is being unlocked and the three stroll into my room.
Charlotte and I, dressed as fancily as we could, were sitting on the floor, teapots, teacups and biscuits infront of us.
"How did you- Nevermind. Want a cookie?"

-----

A/N

Shawn + Eulilia + Kids = Adorableness

Bye