Chapter 41 - Bus ride home!

My bus number is #4. On my bus is Kaylee, Danielle, Gwen, and Leona. On the bus, I usually sit with Kaylee or Danielle and Gwen or Leona usually sits across from my seat. Surprisingly, Leona sat in my seat, but I couldn't tell her that she couldn't sit there. At least Tawni's not on my bus because then Leona would be really mean.

"Hi," said Leona.

"Hi," I answered.

"I'm sorry for not sitting at your lunch table," said Leona.

"Why won't you sit with me? Tawni doesn't run your life," said Esme.

Leona didn't answer.

"Leona, you shouldn't be friends with Tawni anymore. I'm not trying to pick your friends, but if she tells you what to do and say, she's not a good friend. You could also try standing up to her. She'll have more respect for you," said Esme.

"I can't," said Leona.

"Why not?"

"She'll be even meaner to me," said Leona.

"No, she won't. If you want, I'll stand up to her with you," said Esme.

"Okay. Thank you, Esme," said Leona happily.

"How come you, Danielle, Gwen, and Kaylee weren't on the bus this morning?"

"Gwen had a dentist appointment. Kaylee missed the bus. Danielle and I got driven to school by Tawni's mom," said Leona.

"Tawni just had a big fight with Danielle, so why did............."

"I don't know," said Leona.

"Bye," I told Leona and my friends as I got off the bus.