Rory And John Are In Danger Again

John Watson was walking home from the clinic. It was pouring rain and the wind was howling like there was no tomorrow. The few people that were out, if any, were running home. If only there was a bloody cab so he didn't have to walk, but for some strange reason all the cabs had vanished off the face of the bloody earth. And John just  had to endure the rain. Fun.

Suddenly, Rory came running toward him.

"Hey! John Watson! It's me, Rory!" Rory called.

"What are you doing out in the rain!" John yelled at him. He had to be loud to be heard over the rain.

"What rain?" Rory asked quizzically. He looked up at the sky in confusion.

"What do you mean what rain?" John shouted. Rory winced.

"I, um, don't see any rain," Rory told John. He was speaking at a normal level and, for some reason, John could hear him just fine. "We need the Doctor!"

"What can he do!?!" John yelled. Rory stepped away.

"He might be able to understand this," Rory replied.

"What? How?!!"

"Well... just come on!" Rory grabbed onto John's sleeve and pulled him over to their flats. John noticed that Rory was oddly dry, while he was soaking wet.

The two of them ran to the Doctors flat, 221D, but before they could get there, they saw a humongous bird-type creature with one eye descending on them, it's gleaming talons out stretched and it's beady eye glaring at them with menace, coming closer and closer until it almost had them in it's evil grip....

And the John woke up.He fell out of his chair and discovered he was still at the clinic. He glanced at his watch and discovered his shift had ended 20 minutes ago. Quickly, he checked his window and saw that instead of raining, the sun was shining happily, and their were indeed cabs out and about. He sighed in relief. At least he wouldn't have to walk to his flat. He heard a knock on his door and saw Sarah.

"Your shift ended twenty minutes ago," she told him. "Are you okay? I know that your boyfriend can be a bit..."

"Okay, one, I am not gay," John told her. "Two, yes, I'm alright."

Sarah nodded, and then left the room as quickly as possible. John couldn't blame her. It was pretty awkward working with your ex.

John sighed again, and then gathered up his stuff. He bid Sarah goodbye (as quickly as possible) and left the clinic. At least nothing else strange happened today.

But as John was in the cab on his way to Baker Street, he felt his cheeks flush with embarrassment. Dreaming about Rory Williams. He sincerely hoped that would never come up in conversation.

Unfortunately, when he got to his flat, Rory was waiting for him. Actually, he was trying to get inside 221B but Sherlock was being an arse again.

"Is John Watson in there?" Rory was asking through the door. "I need to talk to him! It's important!"

"He said he doesn't want to talk to you!" Sherlock called back. John groaned and moved Rory out of the way. Then he let himself and Rory in. Sherlock was in the kitchen, playing with his chemistry set.

"Sherlock, I wasn't even here," John told him. Sherlock hummed a response, seemingly engaged in an microscope and a dead monkey. John left him to do his work and waved Rory to the couch.

"Tea?" he offered.

"Yes, if you don't mind," Sherlock called. John ignored him.

"No, I'm good," Rory said, glancing at the mess in the kitchen. He was squirming awkwardly around on the couch and looking nervous. John was uncomfortably reminded of his dream.

"What do you want to talk about?" he asked, sitting in his chair.

"This is kind of private so shouldn't we, um, go to the Doctor's flat?" Rory asked after a bit. "We shouldn't really disturb your boyfriend while he's working, right?"

John sighed. "We're not a couple, and no we won't disturb him."

"But, um, this is kind of private..." Rory said hesitantly.

"Ah," John said. "He's yet to wonder who makes the tea every morning."

Apparently satisfied, Rory started to actually tell him the problem. "This might sound a bit odd, but did you have a strange dream maybe, um, half an hour ago?"

John couldn't speak for a minute. When he found his tongue, he shakily asked: "How... how did you.."

"I had the same one," Rory said, looking worried now. "We have to find the Doctor."

"Where is he?" John asked. He had decided to just go with it.

Now it was Rory's time to sigh. "I don't know."

"Can't we look for him?"

"Well...um, no."

"Then what now?"

"Well, I suppose we could start looking for a phone box.."

"What?" John asked. Maybe listening to this guy was a mistake.

"Uh, never mind, lets just go wait in the Doctors flat," Rory replied, defiantly nervous now.

"Okay. I'm not an idiot," John told Rory, who looked at him in surprise. "Somethings weird's going on and I want to know what."

"Rory and Amy travel through time and space with the Doctor who is an alien and their here on a hunch that somethings wrong," Sherlock muttered as he came into their room. John and Rory stared at him with their mouths open in shock.

"Are you... a.... mind reader or.... or something like that," Rory stuttered.

"No," Sherlock snapped. "It's obvious."

"That's impossible," was all John could say.

"Nothings impossible, John," Sherlock told him. "Just highly unlikely."

John turned to Rory. "Is this true."

Rory nodded, looking surprised but not shocked. Like he was used to this sort of stuff now.

"Yeah," he said. "That's why we need the Doctor."

"So we can trust him?" John asked Rory. The Doctor just seemed like a mad man to him.

"I trust the Doctor with my life," Rory answered confidently.

"That's probably why you die so much," Sherlock remarked. John kicked him.

Suddenly, the Doctor and Amy came in as Sherlock got a text.

"MURDER," the Doctor and Sherlock cried at the same time. John and Rory groaned at the same time.