The Non-Gold Door

"Aabdar Nahas?" John asked. "Why do all these alien names sound so-."

"There it is!" the Doctor called, stopping in front of a large circular door, decorated with lime green triangles and symbols. It was the first none coloured thing they had seen since they got here. "Well, come on everyone."

"That was easy," Rory muttered, a little nervously. "Easier than... the other one."

"Oh, don't worry," the Doctor assured him. "Saindakasatala's are watching us through the Sona Saha right now. They're ready to shoot us if necessary. They would have already, but they know me."

"Did you say 'don't worry'?" Amy asked.

Not answering, the Doctor knocked on the door, and called out: "Don't worry, it's me, the Doctor! Well, you don't know me, but I am trustworthy!"

Amy closed her eyes in disappointed and embarrassed silence.

A speaker beside the door and above the company crackled to life.

"Please come forward one by one and state your name and business," the speaker announced in a screeching voice, making the visitors wince. Nobody could tell if the speaker was male or female.

"Guess I'll go first," the Doctor muttered after his ears popped. He stepped forward. "I'm the Doctor, here to discuss O.C.T.A.V.I.A."

John stepped forward next. "John Watson, here to discuss O.C.T.A.V.I.A," he announced in in soldier voice that always made Sherlock impressed. This time wasn't any different, so Amy stepped forward next.

"Amy Pond, also here to discuss O.C.T.A.V.I.A," Amy exclaimed. Sherlock was next, a little miffed Amy stole his place in night.

"Sherlock Holmes," Sherlock announced. "Here to discuss O.C.T.A.V.I.A."

"Rory Williams?" Rory called out next. "Um, here to-."

"Okay, okay, I get it," the speaker crackled. "There were a lot more of you than I thought. Just... just come on in."

The door swung open, and, after the visitors exchanging looks, they went through the door together.

They emerged in long hallway. The hallway, again, was gold-coloured, but also brighter than the last room. It would probably give you a headache if you stood for too long in it. The source of light was a thousand small windows all along the roof of the room. It opened into a circular room, with a about six pillars around the room, holding up the roof. In the center, there was a circular desk and a very tired woman sitting at the desk, staring at the newcomers.

She had a bright purple skin tone, and her eyes her covered with a bright yellow blindfold, and the blindfold extended to cover most of her head. She was dressed in a formal looking sleeveless white dress. Even though her eyes were covered, they got they impression she could still see. She looked up from her writing as they walked in.

"You want to see Aabdar Nahas?" she asked. The Doctor nodded excitedly. She pointed a thumb at the door behind her. "Through the door."

"Thank you!" the Doctor called back happily, walking toward the door.

"The security here is really lax," Amy remarked, frowning at the receptionist they left behind.

"Not really," the Doctor told her. "They know they can kill us in an instant. In fact, eventually, there has never been a successful robbery here ever. Or at least, so they say."

"What are they even doing here that people want to steal?" Amy asked.

The Doctor looked surprised. "Oh, well, I meant the whole planet, but right here, they're just watching the technology stuff."

"Huh?"

"It's where they look at the technology and sort out the problems with it," the Doctor explained further. "It's basically the head office for technology."

"Okay," Amy said, still confused. The Doctor opened his mouth to explain further, but they had reached the door, and Sherlock knocked. 

It was time for the meeting with Aabdar Nahas.

The door opened, and the Doctor stepped in.