Bananas! Good Source of Potassium

"Because I'm the Doct- AHHHHHHH!"

Amy's head snapped up, her eyes wide. "DOCTOR?!" she called. "DOCTOR! ARE YOU ALRIGHT? DOCTOR!"

The Doctor didn't answer, and Rory gulped. John narrowed his eyes at the spot where the Doctor disappeared.

"DOCTOR!" Amy called again, and, once again, was greeted with silence. She looked just about ready to run in there herself. "God, if he's dead I'll kill him."

"How'll you kill him if he's dead," Sherlock deadpanned, not looking nearly as worried as the others.

"Sherlock," John scolded.

"What?" Sherlock defended. "I'm right."

John sighed. "You aren't as clever as you think you are, you complete arse-."

Before Sherlock could say something sarcastic back, the Doctor poked his head out through the foliage and gave the humans a questioning look.

"What in the universe are you all still doing here?" he asked them. "You didn't get replaced with cows, did you now?"

"Doctor!" Amy gasped. "You're alright!"

The Doctor blinked. "Of course I am, Pond! Why would I not be?"

Rory opened his mouth to explain, but the Doctor hastily added: "By the way, the scream wasn't me, I would never be caught unaware like that. Not me!"

The humans exchanged glances.

"But, then, who was-" Rory started, but the Doctor interrupted.

"Alright, alright, you got me," the Doctor sighed. He held up a red banana. "If you must know, it was this."

John frowned. "What kind of banana is that?"

The Doctor beamed. "Good question, John! You see, on Earth, it is a 'Musa acuminata 'Red Dacca'', but here, it's a vocapple."

"A what?" Amy asked, frowning at it.

"A vocapple," the Doctor repeated. "Don't eat it.

"I don't think I would have any-," Rory remark, but he was again interrupted.

"It tastes like beans," the Doctor warned. "Evil, evil beans."

"...okay," Rory sighed.

"Welcome, species of human and... timelord," a new voice suddenly spoke. "That's new. Do you have an appointment?"

The visitor's turned around, and they were greeted with an alien, sitting inside a tree carved out to look like a desk, with some buttons and levers on the desk. All in all, it looked more like a control panel than a desk. The alien looked a gorilla shaped like a human. More than they already do, I mean. The gorilla-man hybrid was also staring at them, very annoyed at their lack of response.

"Welcome, species and human and timelord," they repeated. "Do you have an appointment?"

"Er, well, no but," the Doctor started, stepping up. "Okay, now, long story, but there's this-"

"We're here to see L. G. Sepplia," Sherlock interrupted. The Doctor turned around in confusion and then followed Sherlock's gaze to a sign he hadn't noticed before. A sign that blatantly spelled out the branches of their government and their leaders.

'Oh,' the Doctor realized, annoyed. He kept his smile up though, and turned to the receptionist. "Yes, L. G. Sepplia, that's who we're looking for. Any chance they're free?"

"Of course they are," the receptionist sighed. "Nobody comes here anyway."

"I wonder why," Sherlock muttered sarcastically.

"Sherlock," John hissed.

The receptionist pressed a couple buttons on their desk, and then pushed a lever. To their right, a bunch of trees in a line lit up in a gold colour, standing out from the brown and beige ones

"Just follow the trees," the receptionist ordered. The doctor thanked them, and then started toward the trees, beckoning his companions.

The humans followed him, through the hot forest, following the yellow tree road. There were a lot of noises in the forest, but underneath it all, the small buzzing sound stayed constant. The Doctor, who had been bothered by it from the beginning, finally took out his sonic screwdriver, and bleeped it around.

"Huh," was all he said.

"That probably wasn't smart," John told him. All his companions were looking at him in surprise.

"Probably," the Doctor agreed. They continued walking.

"What was so surprising?" Amy asked, her curiosity getting the better of her.

"All these trees are artificial," the Doctor explained. "They're not hostile, but they are apparently keeping the coldness, or snow, I suppose, up there."

"...Wow," Rory said after a second.

"Yeah, it's amazing," the Doctor beamed. "Almost as good as you lot. Oh, look at that, we're here."