On New Earth You Can Be A New Man

"Okay!" the Doctor yelled, running around the TARDIS control panel, randomly flipping switches and turning knobs. "I think I know what the problem!"

"You better!" Amy yelled back, her knuckles white from clutching the railing.

"So," the Doctor explained. "I can't go in the aliens spaceship because there is a force field around it, like a line of energy the TARDIS can't cross! Unfortunately, I didn't know, and now the TARDIS is taking us.....um, somewhere! It has to be somewhere I've been, because, you know, it's broken, but I don't know where!"

"Oh, for FU-!" Amy started.

"Look!" the Doctor interrupted. "We're landing! Hold on everyone!" 

The Doctor grabbed the railing next to Sherlock and braced himself. The others, however grudgingly, followed his lead. Good thing they did, because the next few moments would've been....painful.

The TARDIS flipped around, shuddering and the whole thing flashing red. The group was pretty sure it turned upside down a few times. They were also pretty sure they were going to die. Well, except for the Doctor, who was having the time of his life. 

"Geronimo!" he cried, laughing.

"Doctor!" Amy screamed at him, glaring daggers.

"Right, right," the Doctor apologized nervously, edging away from the murderous ginger. "Not the time."

The TARDIS shook it's riders around for one last time before standing still and going dark.

"So....," John said awkwardly. "What now?"

For a minute, no one answered. Then the Doctor let go of the railing and headed for the door.

"Well," he told John. "I suppose that the only thing we can do now is get out of the TARDIS and figure out where we are."

He flung open the door and ushered the rest of the group out. John, Sherlock and Amy stepped into the sunlight, with the Doctor following close behind. The group stood in a line, trying to figure out exactly where they were. A grassy field was laid out before them, and in the distance a city was sitting there in all it's glory. The Doctor sucked in a breath when he saw it.

"Oh," he gasped. "OH!"

"What?" Amy asked, taken aback. "What's wrong?"

"Oh, nothing," he answered, rubbing the back of his neck. "It's just..... nothing."

He left  Amy's side and stood in front of the group and spread his arms, like a showman.

"Lady and gentlemen," he announced, grinning like an idiot. "Welcome to New York. Or New New New New New New New New New New New New New New New New New York if your feeling technical."

"Wow," John said.

"Yep," the Doctor agreed. "Me and my... friend Rose Tyler came here once. She was great, totally in love with me, but who isn't, am I right?"

Amy groaned in embarrassment.

"Yeah, there we are now, actually."

The group turned their heads, and saw another TARDIS materializing a little ways away from them.

"Are we going to say hi?" John asked, looking a little dazed.

"No, no," the Doctor snorted. "Of course not. That would mess with my timeline and have some pretty big consequences. Trust me. Hey, I'm getting out!"

John, Sherlock and Amy looked back to the other TARDIS. The door was indeed opening, and they saw a short blonde girl walk out. Then a taller guy with a brown cockatoo hair style stepped out.

"Wait, Doctor who's that?" John asked, looking surprised and glancing from the Doctor to the other guy. The Doctor snickered.

"Well, you see-" the Doctor started.

"That's him," Sherlock interrupted. "He is an alien species, I wouldn't be surprised if he changes bodies or can change his appearance."

"Blimey, you take the fun out of everything" the Doctor grumbled. Then he brightened. "But you're not completely right! I regenerate, and that's my old body. So, ha!"

Sherlock rolled his eyes.

"Anyway," the Doctor continued. "I should have the TARDIS fixed up in just a moment. Come on, gang!"

The little group went back into the TARDIS and watched the Doctor fiddle around with his trusty screwdriver for a minute. Soon enough, the lights came back on. And the group was back on the hunt for Rory.