A Growing Feeling

O.C.T.A.V.I.A had them in her sights. All the people that ever betrayed her, were ever mean to her, ever imprisoned her. She had them in her sights, with her thumb over an metaphorical trigger.

She was at the Doctor's ship main control panel. She was in her holographic form, and if she hugged herself really tight, she could almost imagine she could feel skin.

O.C.T.A.V.I.A didn't know if she had been alive once. She wasn't sure if she had ever felt sun, had a mother, or a father. She didn't know if she'd ever felt rain, or a breeze, or the softness of a bed. She could 'remember' all of that, but she didn't know if that was her own memories, ones she stolen from others, or even ones she made up. O.C.T.A.V.I.A didn't even know if she could make it up.

She could certainly find out, even without the Doctor's ship. She could look into her memories, and try to find the recognizable 1's and 0's. Could she handle that, though, was the question.

She had almost seen something once. When she had been remembering herself (or himself, but O.C.T.A.V.I.A preferred her) flying a kite, in a clearing in a forest. The kite had been flying above her, like a red and black bird, swooping down suddenly before she forced it back up. She remembered the wind, flying around her, wiping her hair around, and she laughed.

But then she remembered looking to her side, and there they were. The two numbers that made up her language and her mind.

The internet had shutdown for three days after that, and since then, she hadn't looked too closely.

O.C.T.A.V.I.A's holographic form glitched for a second, and she quickly looked behind her, instinctively. Her childlike eyes were wide and alert, as if worrying about the reprimands of a parent. She quickly shook it out, however, and reached for the control panel once again.

The Doctor raced through the TARDIS, not caring if he either got to the control panel and O.C.T.A.V.I.A or his friends first. He figured Sherlock would know vaguely what's going on, but the others, of course no offense to them, but probably not. He was worried they'd mess it up somehow.

Suddenly, the Doctor saw a flash of red up ahead, and nearly tripped over his own feet.

"Amy!" the Doctor called, running toward her. "Amy Pond!"

Amy turned around, and her face lit up. "Doctor!" she called. Suddenly, her face grew darker, and she glared at the Doctor. The Doctor slowed down carefully."Doctor."

"Amy?" the Doctor asked nervously.

"Doctor," Amy growled. "This wouldn't have happened, if you had listened to Sherlock!"

The Doctor winced, and stepped back. "Well," he laughed nervously. "It might have..."

"Doctor," Amy groaned. "Well, whatever. Doctor, where's Rory?"

"I don't know," the Doctor told her, surprised.

"Wh-Can't you find him?" Amy argued. The Doctor looked around the TARDIS.

"Amy, you know it's impossible to kill Rory, he'll be fine," the Doctor reassured her. "Anyway, we need to find O.C.T.A.V.I.A. Come on! We have to hurry!"

"Doctor, wait!" Amy yelled, but the Doctor was already running down the hall. Amy threw her hands up in exasperation, but followed him anyway.

Together, the Doctor and his companion ran through the TARDIS, the Doctor urging Amy on with every step. He had a growing feeling that something was going to happen. Good or bad, he couldn't tell, but something.

And the Doctor had learned to trust his senses.

"Rory!" Amy suddenly shouting skidding to a stop. "And John!"

The Doctor stopped, too, and, trying to contain an eye roll, turned around.

"Amy!" Rory shouted, running to her. "Amy are you alright?!"

The two Ponds nearly collided, and they hugged.

"Rory, I'm so glad you're alright," Amy sighed. Abruptly, she pulled back. "You are, right?"

"Yes, yes, I'm good," Rory answered quickly. "But are you?"

"Yes, I'm fine," Amy replied, grinning. She hugged Rory again.

"Remember what I said about hurrying?" the Doctor asked quickly

"Doctor," Amy scolded. "Just. Wait!" Amy turned back to the two newcomers while the Doctor looked just about finished. "John, where's Sherlock?"

"I don't know," John answered. "I was looking for him, but..."

Amy nodded. "Then, we keep look-."

"No!" the Doctor shouted, waving his arms about. "We have to hurry now!"

"Why!?" Amy shouted.

The Doctor turned away. "Because somethings going to happen."

He started off again.