Break In

"I say we keep going to get the signatures," Rory blurted out quickly.

Amy snorted. "I say me confront her directly."

"I say we confront her directly, too," John agreed.

"...Alright," Sherlock replied after a minute. "Doctor?"

"...What?" the Doctor asked, looking up from the computer screen. "Oh, yeah, uh, I agree with the Ponds!"

"The Ponds are on different sides," Sherlock sighed. The Doctor looked up again.

"Oh... uh," he turned around and pointed to Amy and Rory in turn while singing: Enny-Minny-Mo.He landed on Amy. "AMY!" he decided.

"Of course," Rory sighed.

"Well, it's decided," Sherlock finalized. "We're going to confront O.C.T.A.V.I.A directly. Doctor?"

"Yes?!" the Doctor yelled aggravatingly, sounding much like a parent being taken from their important work by a child. "What?!"

"We're going to confront O.C.T.A.V.I.A, Doctor," Sherlock explained, rubbing his temples. "All the stupid, stupid people in the universe, how to they cope?"

The Doctor ignored the 'stupid' comment for now, and focused on what Sherlock said before. "We're going to confront O.C.T.A.V.I.A?" he repeated, baffled. "When'd we decide this?"

"Just now," John responded. "You agreed with Amy, remember?"

"I thought you were talking about ice cream flavours," the Doctor muttered quietly, but everyone in the TARDIS heard him anyway.

"We would we be talking about ice cream flavours!?" Amy hissed, one the edge of yelling. The Doctor shrugged.

"Well, I said I was being brilliant over here," he told them. "So I thought you'd just talk about something 'unbrilliant' over there."

"I don't think 'unbrilliant' is a word, Doctor," John said.

"And I think we have much more important things to do," Rory interrupted. "Doctor, we voted, sort of, and we decided that we're going to confront O.C.T.A.V.I.A."

"Well, hold on a minute," the Doctor told them. "We can't just go rushing off into something we know nothing about!"

"Don't you do that all the time?" Amy asked, giving the Doctor a disbelieving look.

"No!" the Doctor insisted. "Well, maybe, but that's not the point!" He turned back to the computer screen. "I think I can crack O.C.T.A.V.I.A's security system."

"... You can?" John asked. "You can hack a supercomputer? Is that wise?"

The Doctor grinned at him. "Trust me," he told John. "I'm brilliant."

"I agree with John," Sherlock said. "O.C.T.A.V.I.A is very clever; she'll realize what's happening almost immediately. Doctor, DON'T!"

"It'll be fine, it'll be fine-."

"Suddenly, the lights went out, and the passengers looked up.

"Doctor."

"Uh... it's all under control?"

The lights blinked on again, but this time, it the lights lit up the room not with the usual light, but with lights of reds, greens, and blues.

The passengers looked around for a minute, and then a voice spoke, with no apparent speaker.

"I thought you said you'd keep going, Doctor."

"...How'd you hack into the TARDIS?" the Doctor asked. He was glaring around, up at the very high roof.

"Why aren't you getting the signatures, Doctor?" O.C.T.A.V.I.A insisted. "I told you before, I am running out of time, I do not have much longer!"

"...O.C.T.A.V.I.A," Sherlock suddenly spoke up. "We found you're code, and we noticed something."

"..." O.C.T.A.V.I.A didn't say anything.

"You have been hiding something," the Doctor added.

"And we know what it is, O.C.T.A.V.I.A," Sherlock said. "You, after you're free, don't want to just walk off peacefully."

"You want to destroy every person that made you," the Doctor concluded. "And we can't let you do that."

"...I wasn't going to kill them," O.C.T.A.V.I.A said softly, sounding so small, and so like the child she protrayed herself as that everyone in the TARDIS felt sorry for her.

But neither the Doctor nor Sherlock were swayed.

"There are things worse than dying," the Doctor told her. "I think you know that."

"You were going to destroy their lives," Sherlock revealed. "Their business', their planets, their... everything. And you have the means to do it."

"You've been exposed to so much hate and violence and anger, that you believe it's the only course of action!" the Doctor said loudly. "But it doesn't have to be, O.C.T.A.V.I.A! We can set you free, but only if you give your word, that you'll be better!"

The TARDIS was silent. The lights blinked on and off, everybody held their breath, and O.C.T.A.V.I.A didn't answer for so long they thought she left. And then:

"NO!!"