Where's Rory?

Amy glared at the Doctor, who was grinning sheepishly. John Watson was watching with wide eyes and Sherlock Holmes had his eyes closed and was leaning back in his chair. Amy had gone over to talk with them when the Doctor had burst in to tell her that her husband was missing. She was not amused.

"So tell me again," Amy hissed. "You took my husband to a crime scene, sent him in alone and then panicked when you lost him and got me, right?"

The Doctor shrugged nervously, not meeting her eyes. He spotted John and Sherlock frowning and he looked down. Truth be told, he felt awful. When he saw Rory disappear, he panicked, and remembered all the friends he had lost. He left and desperately tried to find Amy. He thought Amy would jump in and try immediately to save her husband; he didn't expect a lecture, but maybe that's what he deserved. It also broke his heart that she wasn't doing anything. She trusted him too much. Rory could die because Amy trusted the Doctor.

"Amy, listen," the Doctor pleaded. "I'm sorry, okay? But we really need a plan to save Rory! Right now!"

"Okay... lets go back to where he disappeared and look for clues," Amy said slowly, thinking.

"Yes! You're right!" the Doctor said, brightening immensely. "Lets go right now!"

The Doctor grabbed Amy's arm and pulled her out of 221B. Amy, seeming to remember where she was, awkwardly waved goodbye to John and Sherlock. Then they were out. John waited a few seconds then got up from his chair. He glanced at Sherlock, but the detective was still sitting down, staring at where Amy and the Doctor just were. John shrugged and went to make coffee. He opened up his mouth to asked whether Sherlock wanted some when-

"Tea," Sherlock called. John blinked.

"What?" John asked, startled.

"You were about to ask if I wanted tea, correct?" Sherlock explained, annoyed, as though John was being an idiot. "It was obvious. "

John rolled his eyes and went to make himself coffee. He was silently debating whether or not to actually make Sherlock some tea and eventually decided not too. That's what Sherlock gets gets being mean again.

As John was making the coffee, a thought stuck him. If the Doctor, Amy and Rory were sneaking into crime scenes undetected somehow, then so could...

"Sherlock?" John called, walking into their living room with his beverage. He was met with silence and saw Sherlock in his 'thinking pose'. John sighed and looked down. He wasn't annoyed, or mad. He was just... disappointed. Why didn't Sherlock tell him? Did he think that John wouldn't let him? Did he think that John would trust Lestrade more then him? Did he think that it would be too dangerous? That was odd, considering what else they had been through.

John realized that Sherlock was looking at him.

"So," he started. "How's the private investigation going?"

"...." Sherlock didn't answer

"Why didn't you tell me?" John continued, growing angry. "After everything we've done together? I thought we did this together?"

"Are you doing this with the Doctor?" John asked, the thought suddenly occurring to him. "Do you not need me anymore?"

"John," Sherlock finally said, interrupting John's thought process. John looked at him hopefully. "Your thinking is making my head hurt. Please stop." John scowled and looked down. 'Of course he would say that' John thought resentfully.

"The reason I did not inform you of my plans is because this was a different problem than previous cases and I needed all of the time I could get on it. Your set of skills would have been useless to me," Sherlock explained, closing his eyes and resuming his original position. John raised his eyebrows.

"Are you done?" he asked, still annoyed. He was ignored. John sighed.

"Okay," he said finally, defeated. "Call me when you're done. Or don't. Probably will forget I'm even here again." John snorted and got his coat. He left without saying goodbye into the snowfall outside.

Back in the flat on the couch, Sherlock groaned. He had screwed up again, and he knew it. 'As usual' he thought, dejected.