Decide

"...I can't believe it," Amy snorted after a minute. "I thought you said you trusted her?"

"I do!" the Doctor insisted. "But this... this is for John!"

"Huh?" John asked. "I don't understand, what's that going to do?"

"I scanned O.C.T.A.V.I.A's mind while we were in there," the Doctor explained, hooking the sonic screwdriver to the TARDIS mainframe. "So that we can, you know, sort through her files, and all that."

"'And all that'?" Rory repeated. "You know you don't really sound smart when you do that, Doctor."

"Yes, I do, shut up," the Doctor argued absentmindedly. He started working on the TARDIS's computer, and Rory got the sense that the conversation was over. Rory huffed, not very surprised.

The Doctor on HIS part, was a little busy. He was currently scanning through hundreds of thousands of lines of code. Sherlock left John's side to look through it as well, leaving John to stand awkwardly, and then look around as if he was busy. British people.

The lines flashed up the screen quickly, as in blink and it's gone. Neither Sherlock nor the Doctor figured that the other would be able to find anything, so they were both surprised well they came to the same conclusion at the end.

"O.C.T.A.V.I.A's hiding something," they both started at the end, giving each other baffled looks.

"....Sorry, what?" John asked, as neither Sherlock nor the Doctor thought to expand. "She's what?"

"Er, hiding something," the Doctor explained, turning away from Sherlock to John.

"Some lines of code are missing, or retracted," Sherlock expanded John, and in turn the Ponds. "If you looked at it, and if you were smarter, really, than you would see that it doesn't all fit together like it should."

"If we were what?" Amy asked, but the Doctor talked over her.

"I don't know how she's doing this," he pondered. "She shouldn't be able to, it's not in her programming-."

"But here she is," Sherlock argued. "Doing exactly what she shouldn't be doing. I was right earlier, something weird is with all of this."

"Actually, I said that," John sighed. "And you didn't reply."

"I was thinking it," Sherlock countered. John rolled his eyes. "And I was on the case with my mind. You just confirmed my suspicions."

"Alright, Hercules Poirot," he snarled sarcastically.

"Okay, I have a plan," the Doctor finally cut in.

"...What- What is your plan?" Rory asked after the Doctor relapsed back into silence.

"Huh? Oh, nothing. I lied. I just wanted John and Sherlock to be quiet," the Doctor shrugged. "Now that THAT'S accomplished. Everybody else can be quiet, and I can think of another plan."

"Of course," Amy muttered, rolling her eyes.

"Everyone else means you too, Amy!" the Doctor scolded. "Now let me focus on being brilliant."

"...Well, while the Doctor's being," Sherlock raised his hands to do sarcastic quotations. "'Brilliant', we have some probabilities.

"We know that O.C.T.A.V.I.A's lying, but whether it's good or bad, we don't know. I have some theories but that's neither here nor there. Anyway, we can do one of two things.

"One, we can trust O.C.T.A.V.I.A. For now, at least. Do what she says, get those signatures, free her and hope there's no repercussions.

"Or, we can hit the root of the problem, and go to her, confront her.

"Both of these have there own pros and cons," Sherlock finished. "And I, personally, vote we go for the first one. But, seeing as there's a fifty-fifty chance of it going either way, and John would never forgive me if I did it wrong, I suppose I have to ask all of you. So what do you say?"

John, who seemed a little uncomfortable by the call out, asked: "But, Sherlock, don't you know the right way to go?"

Sherlock looked over at him. "This is a question of morality, John. Trust me, that's the only reason I'm asking. Matters of the heart are not my area of expertise, surprising as it is."

Sherlock turned back to face the Ponds as well, and snapped: "Well? We don't have all day! Decide!"