The Lestrade Problem

Sherlock and the Doctor when taken away in handcuffs while Amy and John watched. Amy and John turned away from the scene  and slid down the wall together. They were silent for a minute, wondering what on earth they should do now. It was Amy who broke their thoughts and voiced what they had been thinking.

"Those idiots!" she snorted.

"Yeah," John agreed. "My thoughts exactly."

They paused for a second, back in their own thoughts, then-

"We should probably get them out," John told Amy.

Amy nodded, but said: "You can, I'm getting Rory."

"Umm... how?" John asked, frowning. "Are you going to check every mailbox in London?"

"No," Amy said, rolling her eyes. "I'm going to predict which house to go to next and check that one."

Now it was John's turn to roll his eyes. "Right, because that worked so well."

"Then what do you suggest, then?" Amy huffed, glaring at him. John put his hands up in fear.

"I thought we could get  the Doctor and Sherlock out first, and then we could put our heads together to find Rory," John suggested timidly.

"Oh?" Amy hissed, balling her hands into fists. "And what if they KILL RORY!!"

"Well, we can either check every mailbox in London or just go and get probably the only two people who can solve this," John argued, trying to keep his voice level. It was getting more and more difficult with every moment her spent with this stubborn Scottish woman, who with every passing minute looked like she could throttle him. But finally, she let out a small breath.

"Fine," she muttered. Her shoulders had slumped and John almost felt sorry for her. "But we should hurry. If he dies it's on you."

"Right," John replied, now slightly worried. "Come on."

Together, they walked to the side walk, minding the police officers, and called a cab. They got into the cab and rode to the police station in silence.

When they got there, no one gave them a second  glance. John guessed that they were all too used to John bailing out Sherlock. 

As soon as Amy and John got to the Doctors and Sherlock's cell and opened the door, the two genius' jumped to their feet and pulled their respective companions with them away from the exit. John followed them, bewildered, while Amy stamped her foot down, stopping the Doctor in his tracks.

"DOCTOR!!!" she yelled. "WE ARE GOING TO FIND RORY!!!! AND YOU'RE NOT ARGUING!!!!"

"Um, yeah, I kinda agree with Amy, actually," John told Sherlock, stopping him in the process. Sherlock turned around to glare at him, and John shrugged.

"KINDA?!?" Amy bellowed. 

"Fine! I completely agree with Amy," John sighed. Amy started to pull the Doctor toward the exit, and John pulled Sherlock toward the same place.

"Wait, wait!" the Doctor pleaded. "We figured something out!"

"Where Rory is?" John asked. Amy stopped too.

""Well, no," the Doctor admitted. "But we, Sherlock and I, figured something else out!"

".....What?" John asked.

"We have come to the conclusion that the inspector is, in fact, an alien," Sherlock answered, straightening up smartly. Amy and John stared at them in surprise and unbelieving.

"....Riiiiiiight," Amy said. "Lestrade is an alien."

"I'm lost," John stated, trying to think. "How can Greg Lestrade be an alien?"

"No time to explain," Sherlock hissed as the Doctor opened his mouth to explain. He pulled John into an empty room and Amy and the Doctor followed them. "There he is."

"Right," said the Doctor, pulling out his sonic screwdriver. "Well, I guess we'll just have to prove it to you two."

"Oh god, please no," John groaned, but Sherlock and the Doctor ignored him. They hid behind the doorway, and as Lestrade walked past, the Doctor and Sherlock jumped out at him.

"Wha- wha- what are two doing!?!" he shouted in alarm, he backed away from them. The Doctor and Sherlock cornered him and the Doctor waved his screwdriver at him. John and Amy watched him, wondering if maybe they were wrong, and Lestrade was, in fact, an alien.

"Oh!" the Doctor said in surprise, listening to the results. The small group held their breath, and Lestrade looked confused. The Doctor winced. "You, um, ARE human. Oops."

"Oh god," John groaned, burying his face in his hands. Everyone paused for a second, unsure what to do.

"I think we should take our leave," Amy said, breaking the silence. The Doctor, Sherlock and John nodded and together they ran toward the door, leaving Lestrade to wonder what the hell just happened.