Down with the Cov Neen

Sherlock looked around at all the assembled people, looking for a particular person. Eventually after scanning the crowd for some time (and saying hi to while reassuring Rosa. She was surprisingly calm, for what just happened. Sherlock was so proud) Sherlock spotted the Doctor. He was talking to a blonde woman, who was listening intently to him.

Sherlock quickly walked over to them, and the Doctor's friend noticed first. She cut off her conversation with the Doctor, which Sherlock was sure he Doctor was none to happy about, to point him out.

"Him," she said, pointing. "That's Sherlock Holmes?"

Sherlock stopped in front of them as the Doctor turned around. "Er, yes, that's him."

His friend nodded, stepping forward. "Hello, I'm Rose. Rose Tyler."

"I would say Sherlock Holmes, but obviously you know that," Sherlock replied, looking the girl over. He raised an eyebrow at the more... interesting observations.

Honestly, even with his previous adventures with the Doctor, these somehow seemed far fetched. If Sherlock was a man with even a little bit less imagination, he wouldn't have trusted his own mind.

However, other than that, he found that the woman was loyal, and trustworthy. He could see why the Doctor liked her.

"As much as I absolutely love to get to know you." 'As if I don't know everything already.' "We need to stop this. The Cov Neen."

The Doctor stepped forward, nodding. "Right, we just need to find-."

"The main control room?" Sherlock guessed. He smirked. "Way ahead of you."

The Doctor and Sherlock walked through the halls, Sherlock leading. Rose had stayed behind in order to help get everyone out, and safe. John had stayed behind to help as well. The Doctor had informed them to call UNIT to help get everyone home. And, after a reminder from Sherlock, gave them the phone number. After that, the Doctor and Sherlock left to stop the Cov Neen.

"Doctor," Sherlock said suddenly. The Doctor raised an eyebrow.

"Mmm?" the Doctor replied.

"How did you know exactly where I was back there?" Sherlock asked him. Even he did know that he would be there. How'd the Doctor manage to predict that?

The Doctor smirked. "Well, Sherlock, it's because I'm the Doctor. I'm brilliant."

Sherlock huffed.

However, the actual truth was that the Doctor had dropped the sonic screwdriver in the hope that Sherlock would find the main control base. But, when the Doctor played the hero and set off the bomb, he had completely forgotten about giving away his sonic screwdriver. 

So, in the end, the Doctor and Sherlock managed to defeat the Cov Neen with sheer luck.

But they didn't want to think about that.

"The main control room is right here," Sherlock finally said, stopping in front of a door.

"Really?" the Doctor asked sarcastically, reading the sign that spelled out 'Control Room'.

Sherlock rolled his eyes, knocking on the door. The Doctor gave him an odd look.

"Well, I'm sure the Cov Neen wouldn't be very happy if we popped in unannounced, right?" Sherlock huffed.

The Doctor blinked, and then held up his sonic screwdriver. He looked to be the very image of patronizing. "I have this for a reason."

"It seems we don't need to," Sherlock replied. He pushed open the door, showing an empty room full of glowing screens. "As there's no one here."

The Doctor looked in, frowning. "They must have left."

"Probably evacuated because of the explosion," Sherlock added, nodded. "We'll have to work quickly."

The Doctor agreed, sitting down at one of the computers. It was the biggest one, with the most wires. It didn't take a genius to figure out it was important. Sherlock rolled his eyes, closing the door they came through and pushing a desk against it. That should give them some more time.

With that done, Sherlock started looking around on the other computers. Most were in a foreign language, but Sherlock saw some words he recognized: Germany, America, Japan, France.... those most be the Cov Neen's other bases.

"No!!" the Doctor suddenly shouted. Sherlock looked over to him, and saw the Doctor looking annoyed at a computer. "Why do you-? NO!!"

Sherlock walked over, staring down at the screen. Foreign words were flashing on the screen. "What does it say?"

The Doctor growled in frustration. It says: 'United Kingdom Cov Neen Base Self Destruct in Four Minutes."

Sherlock stared at the flashing words, while the Doctor turned away.

"We need to get everyone out," the Doctor said, turning to the door. "Let's go, Sherlock."

"...Doctor," Sherlock said. The Doctor stopped, looking back. Sherlock looked back at the Doctor, and pointed at another computer. "Try this one."

The Doctor looked down at it. It looked completely random. "That one... why?"

"...I think you can use anyone of these computers," Sherlock told him. "And I don't think you need to worry about the message."

The Doctor's eyebrows raised. "You think that this is the 'misleading big, real small' type of thing?"

Sherlock nodded.

"Yeah, I know it sounds weird but that's what happened... no, I don't know how you missed it, sir.... yes, Yorkshire..... no, I don't know where they are currently.... the Doctor will tell you soon...Yes, as soon as possible, thanks."

With the beep of a button, John ended his call with U.N.I.T. Hopefully they would be here soon. 

He turned to Rose, who was supposedly trying to calm down the crowd, and say her walking speedily towards him.

"Is something wrong-?"

"Not here," Rose answered quickly. "I managed to calm them down, but now we should find your friend and the Doctor-."

"Rose!"

Rose and John turned around, watching Sherlock and the Doctor walking towards them. Sherlock was looking slightly smugger than usually, and the Doctor looked triumphant and self-congratulatory. Rose and John relaxed when they saw them.

"So you managed to do it, then?" Rose asked. "You managed to stop the Cov- co- the aliens?"

"Why so surprised?" the Doctor asked, too triumphant to look offended. 

Rose shrugged. "Previous experiences."

"So, we, uh, saved the world again?" John asked Sherlock. "Or the universe, or something."

"I believe so," Sherlock told him. "Though it was more me than you..."

John snorted. "Of course it was, you bloody git."

The arrogant bastard smirked at that.

"Sherlock, John!" the Doctor called. The two of them looked over to him. "I assume you'll be needing a ride back to your flat."

Sherlock opened his mouth to protest and say that they'd catch a taxi(why, John couldn't figure out. The man was too self-important), but John had already smartly accepted.

"Mary!" he called. "Come here!"

Mary trotted over from the crowd, who were to confused and dazed to notice, and stood by John and Sherlock's side. Rose gasped.

"Aw, is this your daughter?" she cooed.

Sherlock sighed, waiting for the inevitable 'no, she's just my daughter' from John, but was surprised by John nodding.

"Yeah, she's our daughter."