25 ~ Human Heaters

Edited.

///

"Do you get what I mean by dating chemistry?" He asked smiling against the side of your head.

You hum and smile lovingly "Yeah, I definitely do" you reply.

"That's good" he replied.

You both began walking beside the stream following the flow of its current as it makes its way through the park. At this point, the only light was from the path lights dotted around the park, which was reflecting off the water beside you. The occasional jogger would pass by with there headphones and their dog, or you would find a stray walker, in which Jimin would tighten his grip around you, for his own reassurance that you were safe and protected from odd, lone walkers who were going to their own unknown destinations.

As you were both walking, occasionally making small talk or talking about the area around where you both were at that moment, you felt a shiver run through your body. It was a cold enough evening and you really wish you brought a warmer coat. You were also regretting the decision of not bringing gloves and a big woolly scarf as you could feel the bitterness of the cold touch the tips of your fingers and ears.

Jimin noticed this shiver and immediately took both of your hands and put his around them.

"You should've dressed warmer, silly" he commented.

"Why would I dress warmer when I have my own personal human heater right here" you replied smirking.

"Touché..." he smiled. "We should probably start heading home, right?" He asked.

You nodded "Yeah, we should. Will we go to your house or mine?"

"Well your apartment is closer, so yours?" He responded. You nodded and both of you continued your way home.

You went through town in order to get to your place and you passed by the book shop that Jimin was talking about earlier. The lights were on and there was people inside. This was weird. So at 2 pm in the day they're closed but at 9:30 pm in the evening they're open? You tapped Jimin gently against the shoulder which your head was resting on as you were walking with your hands intertwined. He looked towards you and smiled looking at how you clenched onto his arm as you both walked through the lonley streets of the huge city in which you both live. He then came out of his daydream and nodded at you, signaling that you've gained his attention.

"How come it's open now, and it wasn't earlier?" You said while pointing to the shop.

"Oh, they rarely get customers in the mornings, so they decided to just open it after five"

"You would think that people would use it during the day" you added to which he nodded.

"Yeah, well it's mostly students that use it, like you and I, So I'd say that's why no body uses it during the day because all the students are at school" he commented. "Do you want to go in and see it?" He asked seeing the curiosity inside you bubble. You nodded your head and followed as Jimin made his way inside the tall building.

Your mouth fell agape at the size of the building. From the outside it looked like a small, two story building. But what you didn't see was the length of the building and how it expanded out the further you went inside. It stretched way back, it was bigger then you had imagined. Shelves, upon shelves full of novels about every and any genre of writing. Millions of books telling a story that could leave you in so many different emotions.