45 ~ Highschool Crush

Edited.

///

It was a few moments past midnight and you were still awake in the locked bedroom.

You had a blinding headache that was stopping your insomnia taking over your consciousness and you thought that maybe drinking some water would help.

You slowly got up from the bed and padded your feet across the room to the door and opened it.

You stepped out of the room and felt a presence beside you. You turned your head and saw a tired mochi on the floor, sleeping upright against the wall.

Your heart ached at what he was doing.

He must've been so uncomfortable.

You were mad at him, clearly. You weren't going to forgive him so easily for what he had done to you. But you couldn't just walk passed him after seeing him asleep, outside your bedroom door, lying against the wall.

You would've carried him to your bed, but you were too weak for that.

You sighed and walked back into the room. You grabbed a pillow and a blanket, and walked back to the hallway.

You gently lifted his head and put a pillow between him and the wall.

He seemed to snuggle into it when you did so.

You then gently placed the blanket over his body, hoping it would keep him warm.

He clenched onto the blanket, sighing in content.

Your heart clenched at the sight before you.

You looked over his features that you remember like it was yesterday that he left.

You couldn't help but reach a hand up to his head and stroke his fluffy blonde hair.

"Happy birthday asshat" you whispered, your hands moving down and caressing his cheek.

You stood up and leaned down to him and kissed his forehead.

You ran your fingers through his hair one last time, savoring the moment while you could.

You then didn't feel the need for a drink of water and went back inside your room, but not before glimpsing one last time at the guy on the floor.

You closed the door after entering the bedroom And wandered over to the bed.

You knew you weren't going to be able to sleep.

Might as well try though.

///

Turns out, you were right.

You didn't sleep, not one wink.

You heard a knock at the door and your tired self was boosted with energy.

"Y-Yeah?" You coughed out, your voice raspy.

"It's me, Jungkook. Breakfast is downstairs when you're ready" he reported.

"Thanks kookie" you said, your voice a little loud to make sure he could here you.

"No problem" you heard.

You rubbed your tired eyes which got little to no sleep last night.

You got dressed in comfy clothes because there was no point in putting any effort into your clothes as you were going on a plane for a few hours, there is no logical reason for being uncomfortable on purpose. But also, it's not like you needed to impress anyone, Jimin has Alex now.