29: Confinement

The next morning I forced myself up and out of bed with such little determination, it took a lot of willpower not to fall straight back into the soft cushions

Gargling some water and finishing up shortly later in the bathroom, I headed out without notifying anyone. 

I didn't feel like any company today.

I knew Emmet was still getting ready, the bang his head made when it connected to the corner of the mirror again resounded through the hall. He'd manage to find the Iarhus on his own, despite his incapability of closing the mirror-door.

Walking down the streets and onto the little path leading through a small section of the forest, I hummed with the birds that chirped their melody.

I enjoyed the soft sun rays touching the skin of my face as they shone on the path before me. With each step I took, more and more thoughts formed in my mind. All of them circled around leaving the place I'd only ever been to before. 

Maybe that was exactly why it would be a good thing to leave here. 

Maybe...

As I was about to turn right onto the way leading to the other end of the forest's opening, I felt a familiar pull in my chest, moulding into a fiery hot flame burning right through me. A storm suddenly waged inside of me, bustling and crackling like a fireplace in the night.

Subtly—and then, everything caught fire, all at once.

I looked around to see what could have been the cause of it but couldn't find anything. The fire inside of me was burning hot and I nearly lost my balance.

What's going on?

Then, when I squinted my eyes, I spotted a man with a black mane of hair, standing with his back towards me. He stood proudly at the other end of the opening. His hair—curled at the tips—shone in a distinct brown-golden glow in the sun.

It almost reached down to his broad, bulky shoulders. His black shirt stretched over all his abs, defining them and making them extremely visible. I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw him, even though it was only from behind.

I knew it was him. I knew it was him because I could feel all those feelings rushing to the surface that had sparked inside Kendra when she'd seen Mr. Angrypants for the first time.

They were suddenly so intense, that my body couldn't take it. Excitement rushed through me like adrenaline, causing my hands to shake and my knees to buckle.

What is happening to me?

I tried calming myself, but my attempt to control all those emotions failed and caused my stomach to churn. I felt sick. Then interest flared up and all my organs and insides seemed to catch fire, so burning hot that it pained me.

The pull to this man was so hard, unnatural forces were literally moving my body closer to him. Without deciding to move, my arm stretched out for him while my body turned towards him. As I stood there, barely keeping myself upright, his back remained the only thing of him I could really see.