4: Unfamiliarity

Turning my head into the direction she pointed to, I pushed a few strands of golden-blonde hair out of my face

Turning my head into the direction she pointed to, I pushed a few strands of golden-blonde hair out of my face. Squinting my eyes, though it did nothing to better my vision, three men strolled leisurely onto Iarhus grounds with their hands shoved into the pockets of their jeans. My mouth almost gaped open, but thankfully I managed to restrain myself. 

The sight of them, three in total, was blinding—not because they were so good-looking, but because of the aura that circled them.

A thin blanket of light hovered over their bodies.

So much... power.

They weren't just glowing blankets draped around their shoulders, it was more like gleaming, polished armour. It wasn't their emotional signature—it lacked in more meaningful colours. But what was it then? 

Was it really power, raw power so pure that it became visible to someone like me? I had never seen anything like it.

Furrowing my brows, I tried my best to ignore the unnerving feeling that started to stain my ocean of calm. Although I was at unease, there was a curiosity within me I could hardly contain.

"A what? A Iarhus? That's what they call this?"

Why the guy sounded shocked was beyond me.

"Yes, Tyrion. They have a lot of different titles and names that we don't. Iarhus is like a school which isn't mandatory after the age of sixteen. Most of the people around twenty go on their own free will," one of the three explained. 

A grunt was the only reply he got until the thin one changed the subject.

"There are way too many hot girls here," the slimmest of the three said, ushering one of his two brothers beside him out of his way. 

He stared at the group of students that had moved from the pavilion to the entrance.

With an unfocused gaze the taller of the twins answered groggily, "There are never too many hot girls, Ryker."

Ah, so the guy with the icy, grey eyes was Ryker. His dark, wavy hair fell into his face, while his lips were pulled into a playful smirk. Although his build was lean, he emanated strength like it seeped out of his pores. 

Which, apparently, it actually did.

It was something all of them had in common.

The tallest of the group who was flanking Ryker's left was nearly identical to him. I had to look twice to be certain my mind wasn't playing tricks on me. 

The twin waved his hands as if to say, 'You're ridiculous.'

Ryker chuckled, a deep, raspy sound emanating from his chest.

No matter how long I kept my gaze upon them, I couldn't make out what it was that made me feel so strange. Something about the way they moved, the way they held their entire being so proud... it wasn't quite right.