42: Our Time will Come

Apparently, it took several hours until I came back to myself. The very first thoughts I had once I was conscious were circling around my brothers. They were probably furious and worried sick. I also wondered what the hell had caused me to faint.

"So you still don't know what happened to me?" I asked and earned an annoyed grunt from Dante.

I instantly stared him down.

He simply huffed, shrugging. "Lay off the attitude, would you? We've been trying to figure it out. Can't say you've been doing the same, considering you've been asleep the entire time," he said, rolling his eyes while pulling Kendra closer into his side.

I had to refrain myself from barfing. What was that move supposed to mean? 

That Kendra was his now? 

What kind of a territorial animal was he? Then again, our males weren't any less territorial...

 Still! 

With Kendra! 

She was my Maecena, for crying out loud.

Without intentionally doing so, the atmosphere around us suddenly vibrated lightly and I changed spheres within seconds. Squinting my eyes, I realised there was something about them that had changed. 

Kendra's brown-golden glow that she'd had wasn't the same colour anymore. Dante's, whose colour had been the same blue as his oceanic eyes, mashed with hers and created a distinct kind of yellow. 

There was a lot of red in there, too, accenting the yellow with an orange tone. Looking between the two of them, I noticed another thing. 

Their emotional signature was identical.

"We know that magic was involved. What we don't know is why," Ryker explained, sitting on one of the four chairs that were pulled out next to the bed I was laying in. 

Reagan, Ryker, the youngest, whose name I still hadn't learned, and Dante were sitting on them, while Kendra stood directly next to her promised.

I sat on the bed, feeling slightly drowsy. All I wanted to do was leave and go home, but this was probably going to be one of the few chances I would get answers.

Something told me they knew a lot more than they let on.

Maybe, with a little luck, they might know about the voices, I thought to myself.

I shook my head. Even if they do, I don't trust them.What if they think I'm completely crazy?

Deciding to let the questions wait, I figured I could get my answers another time, maybe. Reece and Emmet were priority now.

"I need to get back home. We can talk about this later," I said, flinching as I felt Reagan's response at my words. 

It was the feeling of disappointment cutting through my core, as if it were my own. He wasn't pleased.