*Chapter One: Only Girl in the World*

Copyright 2012 All Rights Reserved.

    Chapter One: Only Girl in the World.

~*~

          "Summer! You need to get up, you only have fifteen minutes!" My mother yelled as her obnoxiously lous footsteps stopped outside my door. She barged through uninvited, making me pull the blankets around my body tighter. I waited for the attack, even in my half-asleep state, I was as vigilany as I could possibly be.

             What happened next was a blur. One minute, I was safe on my bed, the next I was on the floor with a loud thump. With my hands, I pet the hard surface in which had attacked my face. The theory planted in my mind was correct, my mother had just pulled me off my own bed.

             "Ow." I muttered into the sheets as I lay face planted on the floor. I heard mom dust her hands on her jeans triumphantly and heard her footsteps fade, stopping near the door.

                           "That'll serve you for ignoring me, daughter."

          "I hate you." My voice muffled. With a groan, I picked myself off the floor and peeled the sheets from my body. I flung them - none-to graciously - on to my bed and padded my way to the bathrrom, tiredly. In five minutes I had cleaned myself to perfection, well as perfect as you could get in five minutes.

         After throwing on a pair of black skinny jeans, black and white converse and Taylor Swift concert T-shirt, I shuffled out of my room and into the kitchen.

        I wasn't a morning person. That explanation itself should clarify that I do nothing but be a zombie for a good hour or so. I don't eat breakfast, talk, concentrate or do anything social.

     "Did you want something to eat?" Mom called from her spot on the couch in the family room. I picked up my bag from the table and shook my head as I passed the small archway into the room where mom was watching T.V.

      "No, thanks, Ma. I'll grab something at school. Bye!" I called as I legged it out the front door. I knew mom was worried about my eating habits because I only really had dinner and lunch at school. I remember about two years ago she asked me if I was okay, and if I needed to go to the hospitable and see a doctor about my aneroxic or ballimic condition, she would be behind me one-hundred percent and support me throughout the entire experience.

               I almost passed out from shock.

     I brought myself back to the present as I trekked my way to the dungeon of this small town. Or, school, as some people like to acknowledge it. So welcome to Senton Hill. A small, remote town located in the midst of America, where everybody knew everyone; from their friends cats and dogs, to their neighbour's cousin's cousins.

     Considering the town was such a small place, everyday I had the pleasure of walking to school, since it was only just around the corner. As I dawdled mindlessly down various lawns, a familiar ringtone blared through my cell. Anna.

      "Hello?" I answews as I watched for cards on the main roan, before crossing the street after the all clear. I waited patiently for Anna to organise her thoughts, no doubt she was trying to decide what gossip to enlighten me with today. The thing with this girl, was she was the gossip queen of the school. If you want dirt on someone, Anna's your girl.

     "Ah, my dearest best friend. I smell fresh meat in the air today." She purred, to which she added sniffling noises for effect. I rolled my eyes as I pushed through the school's front doors and intot he familiar hallways. As I entered the doors, I felt different; nervous, excitement, wonder, anxiousness. These emotions were probably due to the fact that it was my Senior year, and even though we were already two weeks in, I was still nervous. One; leaving a place like school after years of being in the place and realising you have to do something with your life kind of makes you wish you never had to leave. Two; since Senton Hill was quite far from any further location, Colleges were harder to apply for, and choose from.