Chapter Fourteen: They Don't Know About Us

Hey guys!!

I'm sorry about the long wait, honestly, I've been wanting to write this chapter and upload it for ages.

AND OHMYGAWD. THE NEW ALBUM, I MEAN. WHAT EVEN? IT'S SO AMAZING.

Anyways, here's the chapter!

Enjoy!! :-)

=====================================================

Copyright 2012 All Rights Reserved.

Chapter Fourteen: They Don't know About Us

~*~

Summer's POV

The smile that was once on my face slipped into a horrified expression. I mean, yeah, his declaration of his love for me made me giddy and extremely happy inside, but not when he was lying on a hospital bandage looking like he got hit by a truck.

I took in his disheveled state, the bags under his eyes, the half-lidded gaze of his tired brown orbs, the slight bulge on the side of his hospital gown where the knife had ripped through his skin. That made me swallow the lump in my throat. He could've died.

"Liam," I choked out as I walked cautiously over to his side, reaching out for his hand. His eyes went from happy to concern in a millisecond, gripping my hand tightly in his for comfort.

"Don't say it, Summer. It was not your fault. That guy is a psycho and I hope they find him so he can rot in jail." He frowned, looking at me directly in the eyes. I sighed and leaned down until my forehead was resting against his, letting the sweet, hot feel of his breath lull me.

"I don't know what I would've done if -" I choked over my words and couldn't keep in the heart-wrenching sob that escaped my lips. A tear slid down my cheek, but Liam's warm hand quickly swiped it away.

"Hey," He whispered, pulled me towards him, in his arms. He ran his fingers through my knotted hair and I sniffed loudly, leaning my head down on his chest, awkwardly standing bent over him.

"Here." He said, wiggling across the single bed and opening a space up for me. I shook my head with wide eyes. I didn't want to hurt him, even though I was on his unharmed side, I didn't want to risk causing pain. He has enough as it is. His eyes pleaded with mine as I bit my lip and contemplated the situation. Damn those puppy dog eyes. I swiped a hand over my eyes quickly to get rid of the evident unshed tears and carefully lowered myself into his bed. He pulled the covers over me, wincing as he stretched his wounded side.

I put a hand on his chest and breathed out, "Stop moving, oh my gosh, you're going to kill me."

He chuckled and put his arms around me, pulling me towards him. I nuzzled my face into his chest and he continued the soothing strokes in my hair, his fingers gliding through making me sigh in content.

"I'm worried." He stated, pulling away a bit, making me wince hoping he didn't jostle his wound.

"About what?"

"You. If they make you go back to school while I'm still here, who's going to look out for you?" He asked, his concerned attitude making me want to 'aw' at his sweetness.

"Liam. I have the gang with me. Plus I don't think I'll be going to school anyway, I want to stay here with you." I said, my eyes pleading with his. He ran a hand over his face and scowled and the ceiling.

"You have to go to school. I just wish you didn't have to go without me there."

"Which I won't. Because I'm not going, I won't even be able to concentrate, I'll be worrying about you the whole time." I replied straight after. There was no way I would be going to school when he was stuck in hospital with a very serious wound in his side. He rolled his eyes and smile at my stubborness. I knew it was one of the things he loved about me.