Chapter Twenty-Three: Back For You

Yay! Next chapter!

Enjoy!

=================================================

Copyright 2012 All Rights Reserved.

.:Chapter Twenty Three: Back For You :.

I woke with a start, my head pounding, my entire body aching. With wide eyes I took in the familiar surroundings of my bedroom. I pushed the covers off my sweat-slick body and threw my legs to the floor. I was about to call out, to anyone, when I realised my mom and dad weren't actually present. I furrowed my brows when a thud came from downstairs. I frantically thought of what to do. Stay here and preserve the little life I had left if the murderer waited a bit longer before scvenging for what he wanted up here? Or... go down and size up my opponent. As appealing as the first one was sounded, I went for the ladder. If I was going to die, I wasn't going to without a fight. I reached for the large baseball bat that was encased in my wardrobe that my dad had put there incase a situation like this managed to arise.

I ran a hand down my face and almost fell to the floor in pain. My chain throbbed a storm of an ache and I had to bite my tongue to stop the string of expletives waiting to be cursed.

With an inaudible sigh I opened my bedroom door quietly and peeked my head out my bedroom. Anther thud came from downstairs, making my head snap to the side which effectively brought my chin in contact with the doorframe.

"Mother fu-!"

But I was cut off but I loud noise and thudding footsteps. My eyes went wide at my mistake and I gripped the bat tighter in my hands. They were coming upstairs. I bolted from my room and ducked behind the railing of the stairs at the top, ready to pounce when Mister Serial Killer decided to make his appearance.

At the last second, the moment his foot became visible next to my body, I leapt up. It that split second I wondered why a burglar was wearing a pear of white Nikes.

I screamed and swung the bat. The intruder yelled out and cursed, ducking before I knock them out. In my haste to hit him once more, with my eyes closed I may add. I screamed again and threw all my force into this swing. But all in all, the bat slipped from my hands, he must've ducked again. But what had me confused was a loud yelp from downstairs, where I had apparently thrown the bat.

I opened my eyes carefully, before widening them.

"Oh my God." I whispered. "I'm so sorry Niall! I didn't mean to holy crap, I thought you were going to kill me!" I spoke so fast, that I was surprised he even understood what the bloody hell I was even saying.

"Let me just say, you have a good swing." I smiled, but cringed when my jaw ached.

"Okay, who did that!?" Someone yelled from downstairs and I scrambled to hide behind Niall.

"Save me." I whispered, clutching his shirt. He only chuckled in reponse, but stayed in front of me.

"Niall, what the hell, man?! Why did you throw a baseball bat at me? Where did you even get one?" Harry asked incredulously as he reached the top of the stairs.

"Hey, Harry." I squeaked, moving from behind Niall with an awkward smile. "That was kind of me." I rubbed the back of my neck with a sheepish grin. Just as he was about to respond his eyes shot to my lips and they widened. He let out a low whistle that said he was impressed.

"You've certainly got a winner." He laughed, making Niall look and his eyes bug out.

"Shit, Summer, how did you manage that?"