Chapter Eighteen: Truly, Madly, Deeply

Yay! Wow, chapter eighteen!

And guys! Ohmygod, I've reached over 1,OOO reads! That's amazing for me!! :'D I'm so happy and it's all thanks to you guys and god I think I'm going to cry or something...

DEDICATION:

Anyway, here is your next chapter, hope you like! :)_love_1D_and_thg_  for being awesome and always commenting on my chapters. You're amazing!!

Also the last dedication for 12CupcakesAnd1D just cause she's been following my story and commenting and voting :')

Thank you guys so much!

Enjoy!

====================================================

Copyright 2012 All Rights Reserved

Chapter Eighteen: Truly, Madly, Deeply

I awoke with a loud snort and took in my surroundings with bleary eyes, wondering what in the world had woken me up. I turned my eyes to the phone playing 'I Just Haven't Met You Yet' by Michael Buble, realising it was Liam's phone. I narrowed my eyes at it, it never rung. I cautiously took a look at caller I.D. It read 'Mom'.

I hastily accepted the call and brought it to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Summer, is that you? It's Liam's mother." I brightened immensely, maybe she had news on Liam's diagnosis!

"Yes, Mrs Payne. It's me."

"Well, I knew you wanted to know what was wrong with Liam. So I'm going to ask once. Are you sure you want to know?"

I scrunched up my face in comfusion. Why wouldn't I want to know?

"Of course I do!" I exclaimed, pushing the visitors chair next to Liam's hospitable back as I stood, it toppled over. With a cringe I silently picked it up.

"Okay. So dear, it's not as bad as it sounds. They actually said his body was making a really good recovery."

"What are you trying to say?"

She sighed deeply into the phone. "Summer, the doctors didn't assess the situation properly. They didn't realise there was internal bleeding which is what caused him to fall unconscious." What?! My eyes were wide as I stared at Liam's motionless body in the same position it was a week and a half ago when he was last awake.

"Wait!"

I brought my attention back to Liam's mom.

"The doctors also said the wound wasn't cleaning properly they hand mistaken the fact that the blood surrounding the wound wasn't actually his." Her voice slightly trembled as she confessed.

"What are you saying, Mrs Payne?" I asked as nicely as I could.

"What I'm saying is there was already blood on the knife when he was stabbed, Summer." I felt the blood drain from my face as I realised what she had said. What had Heath done? Had he injured or worse... killed someone else?

"So what you're saying is that his body is rejecting the blood."

"Yes, dear." I ran a hand through my oily, disheveled hair and tried to think of a coherent response.

"So he's going to live?"

"Yes."

"Then what's so worrisome?" I asked, not getting why she thought I'd be upset when he was getting better.