Chapter Twenty-One: Over Again

Copyright 2012 All RIghts Reserved.

Chapter Twenty-One: Over Again

It had been about thirty minutes since we had left the house and as I looked out the car window, it was obvious civilisation was left behind almost ten minutes ago. I glanced at Liam and saw him craning his neck as if looking for something.

"What are you looking for?" I asked. He didn't look my way, just smiled and slowed down the car. He turned down a dirt road and we slowly went along the bumpy ride until he finally pulled the car to a stop. I went to grab the handle, but Liam's hand came down on mine. I looked into his gorgeous brown eyes.

"Let me do it the proper way, Summer." He said lowly, slowly releasing his grip and stepping out of the car. He walked around and opened my door like a true chilvarous boyfriend. I grinned and took his hand in mine when he locked the car.

I took in my surroundings. It was almost three in the afternoon, so the sun was high in the sky. There were large trees towering over us as we trekked through the forest. Compost littered the ground, mixed with dirt and sprouting grass.

Liam held my hand tightly as he helped me over a large fallen tree, where we finally stepped into a wide clearing. I widened my eyes as I took in what was in front of me.

"Wow." I whispered to myself as my eyes praised the red blanket spread along the luscious green grass, the small basket sat on top with two glasses and a bottle of Lemon, Lime and Bitters. My favourite. Liam smiled at my reaction and pulled me over to it. As we got closer, I noticed the entire set up. Not too far from the blanket was a small, beautiful gazebo. It was decorated in flowers and streamers, it also accompanied two men inside who were holding violins.

My jaw dropped as they smiled at us and drew there bows on the strings, creating a soft melody the allowed my body to relax. Liam led me to the small picnic and I sat down, taking off my heels to stretch out my toes.

"This is beautiful, Liam." I said quietly as I stretched out my legs and sat back on my hands. He grinned at my reaction and sat next to me, pulling me to his side. I glanced over at him curiously, wondering where Caleb and Anna were. He must've noticed my questioning gaze and placed a tender kiss on my forehead.

"They're on the other side of the field. They have the exact same set-up as far as I know." I nodded and leaned into Liam's side when he tightened his arm around my waist. He swiped the basket and slipped out to paper place. He then pulled out three containers. He placed some warmed chicken, salad and roll on each other the plates and admired his work.

"A drink, milday?" He asked, taking the cap off of the large glass bottle.

"Yes, Sir Liam." I said with a fake British accent. By the way he was laughing, I knew it sounded nothing like his. I grinned as I brought the drink to my lips as we begun to dig in.

"Summer?"

"Mmm?" Well, I couldn't say anything else considering I had a mouth-full of food in my mouth. He chuckled, before going serious again.

"When's your birthday?"

"December twenty-seventh. When's yours?" He nodded and smiled.

"Louis' birthday is three days before. Mine is on August twenty-nineth." He answered with a small smile. "Favourite colour?"

"Lime green. Yours?"

"Purple." I smiled at his answer because you would never expect it.

"Favourite number?"

He thought about it for a second, "seven." (A/N: I have no idea what his favourite number is, and the colour was a guess. Sorry if I got it wrong (: )

"Mine's thirteen." He laughed and nodded at my answer like he expected it.

"Of course your lucky number is the most unluckiest number." I laughed with him and stopped, trying to think of another question.

"Any allergic reactions?" I asked.

"Nope, you?"

"I have hay fever. But nothing else." He nodded and pursed his lips.

"Ever wanted siblings?" I nodded and asked if he had any.

"Yeah, two sisters." I grinned because I could imagine Liam as that cute overprotective old brother.

"Younger or older?"

"Older."

I clapped my hands together and hugged them to my chest. "Aww!" He laughed and pulled me to him, placing me on his lap. He sunk into his embrace and we both watched the musicians play their violins with an amazing amount of passion. I sighed and thought about how much I would give to see Liam on stage performing for me. That would be super awesome.

Liam suddenly lifted me off of his lap and turned me to face him. He slipped a small item out of the basket, a small black box. My eyes widened and he smiled shaking his head.

"It's not what you think." I nodded with a small smile. A part of me was relieved, but a bigger part of me was disappointed. What was wrong with me? I was only seventeen!

"We've been together for almost three months, Summer." I nodded, wondering where he was going with this. "And I've got to tell you, it's been the best almost three months of my life. You've sung your way to my heart, captured it with amazing personality and beauty, inside and out. I want you to know, that even though we've gone through some rough patches, and we have probably got a number of them in the future. But I'm willing to go through that, for you. I willing to love you for as long as you'll have me." He took a deep breath and opened the velvet, black box. "I want to promise to be there, to look after my girlfriend. To promise that I'll love you even if things don't work out. I promise to love you with all my heart, where hopefully the day will come where we can tie that knot through a wedding. But that's further in the future.

"So this is my promise to you, Summer. To love you as long as you'll have me." He said taking out the ring and askin for my hand. I just sat there and offered him my right hand dumbfoundedly. That was the most romantic and sweet thing anyone had ever done for me. I felt like laughing and crying, I felt like jumping him and doing a victory dance. I watched as he pushed the small silver ring onto my ring-finger. The small delicate piece of jewellery was honestly the most simple, elegant thing I'd ever seen. It had an infinity sign on the top, there were four small diamonds embedded intricately into the left side. I brought it up in front of my face after Liam brushed his lips on the ring.

He pulled me to him and placed a sweet, yet passionate kiss on my lips and whispered against them. "Forever."

I pulled away and smiled before puling him back, breathlessly whispering, "Forever." As we forgot about the two musicians in the gazebo and lost ourselves in each other. Losing ourselves in the moment, in the thought of our future. Together.

~*~

I know it's not long, but it wasn't meant to be :)

ON THE SIDE IS MY COVER OF LITTLE THINGS IF YOU HAVEN'T HEARD IT YET :)

Let me know what you think! :')

Much love!

~Madison x