Chapter Eight: One Night, One Dream, One Chance

COPYRIGHT 2012

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

                              *~~Chapter Eight: One Night, One Dream, One Chance~~*

Summer POV

It was the night, the night I had been waiting for.

And no one could get ahold of Liam. I was starting to have doubts, I had a whole scenario in my head that he wasn't going to turn up, that I was risking pur humiliation and embarrassment to sing with him. Even though I'm furious we haven't practised in the last couple of days, I'm still happy I'll get to sing with him, or I even had the opportunity.

"Sum! Snap out of it!" I focused on Caleb in front of me and my eyes widened. He was wearing black dress pants and an electric dark blue shirt, the collar flicked up for a casual look.

"You clean up nice, Mr Monroe." I sent him a wink. He rolled his eyes and glanced nervously toward the side entrance, where we were to enter for our perfomance. There was currently three hundred people in the audience and I could tell Caleb's nerves were eating him up.

"You've got to this, for Anna." I said, brushing his shirt down, fixing his collar, before giving him a little pat on the cheek. "You'll do fine, I know it." I reassured him, leaning in to give him a hug.

"Thanks Sum." He said, turning and walking towards the entrance. I watched him walk away, but he halted. He spun around and ran back to me just as he was announced to stage and the audience began clapping.

"Summer," He began, grasping my shoulders tightly in his hands. "Even if he doesn't show up, I know you'll do great, I just know it. I promise, and if he does than it looks like I won't have to bruise my knuckles and rough up that pretty face of his." He said with a cheeky grin.

"Thanks, Caleb." I sniffed, shoving him toward the side-entrance. "Now go, you've a got a girl's heart to win."

He sent me one last wink, before he was on stage, ready to claim what was rightfully his.

Anna's POV

"Summer's been freaking out about the whole Liam thing." Jay said, making casual conversation with Jenny.

"Yeah, but I'm sure he'll turn up, he's just that kind of guy." She defended him, taking a sip of her coke as we sat in a small booth at the theatre where Summer and Liam were performing their duet. No one knew what they were singing. I looked around again, craning my neck, hoping to find Caleb somewhere, he had disappeared after school and I hadn't seen him since.

"Where is her?" I muttered, returning my gaze to the stage, where a freshman was playing some beginners version of 'Twinkle Twinkle little star', it was rather cute. I rest my chin on my hand and tiredly forced myself to pay attention. Jay and Jenny were speaking to one another, keeping it all as shameless flirting and playful banter. Dylan and Saige were snuggled up next to one another, whispering into each other's ears.

All I could think was that I wished Caleb was here, even if it meant only so we could argue about nothing.

The truth about everything, you ask? Well, even though I had caught Caleb red-handed kissing that slut, I still loved him. It didn't matter how many times Summer, Jenny or Saige tried to tell me that the bitch plotted it, I already believed he was telling the truth, I just didn't want to admit it. I hated him for being right, I hated him for being Caleb, and I hated him the most because he made me love him.

I wished we could go back to the days where we sat on the beach, just us two, and would talk about our futures. We were in our senior year, so we had to think big, and I remember he would promise to me that we would always stay together, that nothing could keep us apart. I believed him, so much. And then he went and ruined it, but I did know, deep in my heart that he wasn't lying. None of the events that took place were his fault and I should never have broken things off in the first place, I should have just slapped the slut in the face and be done with it.