Chapter Thirteen: Little Things

I'm really sorry for leaving you guys on two terrible cliff hangers ! D:

So here are the answers to all your questions! :D

Enjoy!

==================================================

2012 Copyright All Rights Reserved

Chapter Thirteen: Little Things

~*~

The acceleration of my heart took off to a new speed record, my breath caught in my throat and I had to try and hold back a loud sob as I took in the scene before me.

One boy, the one who had me falling harder and harder for him every single minute of every single day and the one boy that caused nightmares to plague my dreams, the boy that caused my fragile state.

They were yelling and screaming at one another, the sound of flesh hitting flesh, bones fracturing, insults and colourful expletives tore through my heart as I tried to find my voice.

"No!!" The scream ripped it's way out of my throat and echoed through out of the empty streets. What happened afterwards almost made my heart bleed.

Twelve hours earlier . . .

The shrill sound of the bell brought me out of my dazed state and I lifted my hand onto Liam's shoulder, tugging him backward. He tried to shake me off, but I held tight. He looked back at me with slight exasperation. What was he going to do to Heath? Stare him down?

"Come on, Liam. Let's go to class." I murmured, taking my hand away and intertwining our fingers. His resolve crumbled and he sent one more glare at the smirking boy in front of me. Trying desperately to hold in his anger, he shoved his way as nicely as possible through the crowd, dragging me behind him, and pushed the doors open.

"Liam," I said getting his attention as he sped down the filled halls. He spun around so quickly it almost made me topple over. "You're going the wrong way." I muttered. His gaze softened and he pulled us out of the traffic and into a small space near the lockers. He kept his eyes trained on me, but I focused on his white-knuckled grip that was closed around my upper arm.

He focused his eyes on where mine were and immediately let go. "I'm sorry, I just - seeing him here just makes me so angry." He growled, glaring at the ground. I stepped closer to him and wrapped my arms around his waist hesitantly. I smiled up at him and loosened one of my arms to cup his strong jaw.

"Don't worry about him. Please." I whispered, noticing the eery silence. He smiled and put his hand over mine in a loving grip. I felt like melting right there. He leaned down, a mere whisper away from my lips, teasing me. I leaned that little space closer and just as our lips touched the sound of someone clearing their throat made me pull away swiftly with wide eyes.

There stood the Principal a look of indecision on his face. I discreetly let my fingers trail to Liam's where I linked them together, although this made the Principal's eye twitch.

"Summer, I'd like to see you in my office." He boomed, making me take a small step back. He looked over at Liam pointedly and then sneered at our joined hands. "And you, please get to class before you are later then you already are. Come on, Summer." I went to let go of Liam's hand to follow him, but he pulled me back with a dark look on his face.

"What ever you have to say to Summer can be said to me." He assured, keeping a firm grip on my hand. The principal's eyes narrowed and he scoffed at my boyfriend.

"Excuse me, Mr Payne, but you are also new here and if I wasn't too careful you could be kicked out of here." He gritted out, a muscle in his jaw twitching.