IX

We pull up to the event. It was held at the city hall building. The building was lite up beautifully. On both sides of the front had bushes lined leading to the entrance of the hall. In the middle of the bushes was concrete that had a few benches placed . There was a stair way going up to the building. As Harry and I walked up it he held my hand to help me balance. 

Entering the city hall I gasp. The whole place is filled with people I mostly see black outfits, but here and there I see other colors. Are those the seeked he was talking about? We continue to walk threw the crowd. Harry greets people as we walk through. I feel so out of place here. While Harry talks I just take a chance to look around. There's table all around the room the only place there isn't any is the middle area. The middle is like a dance floor. Every table has a white cloth over it with silver wear and a vase full of flowers in the middle. I see waiters walking around wearing grey. They are passing out drinks and little snack foods. I breath in heavily the air smells of flowers and expensive cologne. 

"Who is this young lady?" I turn to who has spoken. I see a man in front of Harry and I. He has short grey hair slicked back.  His all black suit being a strong contrast to his pale skin. Over his lip is a slight mustache with a few specks of black hair. I give him a warm smile and look to Harry. He nods signaling it's okay for me to talk to the man. 

"Hello I'm Hollis, and you are?" I ask as nicely as possible, I don't want to give a bad impression in front of Harry. 

"I'm Fredrick." He let out a big sigh. 

"It's lovely to meet you Fredrick." I slightly bow my head and bend my knees. I saw this in a movie once. My nerves are getting to me. I just don't want to upset anyone by acting the wrong way. When I stand up normally I see both of the men watching me. 

"Well Harry it seems you trained this one well." Fredrick laughs and pats Harry on the shoulder. Harry laughs as well. Harry hasn't trained me though. Am I really acting that well?

We continue walking around until a man comes to talk to Harry. He has black hair and piercing blue eyes. Behind him I see two girls. One is dressed in a dark green dress and has blonde hair cascaded in curls. The other is a brunette in a maroon dress. The brunette has a bruise on her face. Has this man hit her? Is this the process of training girls? That older man probably thought Harry trained me from the bruise on my face. 

"Well well well if it isn't the one and only styles." The man beams at Harry. I can see Harry slightly stiffen next to me. "To think I almost thought I had to be the life of the party."

"Don't kid yourself Dimitri." 

"Yeah you're right I'm always the party." Dimitri take his hand and tugs at his suit in a joking manor. Turning his gaze to me Dimitri locks eye contact with me. He steps towards me. He raises his hand and holds it to my cheek. I feel his thumb gently caress my bruised skin. "Wow Styles didn't know you had it in you."

"Actually I didn't." Harry steps closer to me and wraps an arm around my waist. His simple touch igniting the fire in me. 

"Then mind explaining how she ended up looking like Rihanna over here?" Dimitri takes a step back giving us space. 

"I do mind." Harry's voice gets dark from answering. 

"Oopsies." Dimitri pulls his hand up to cover his mouth in a fake shocked way. "I'm triggering the wrath." 

Harry's grip on me tightens. I look to Dimitri with worried eyes. He just continues to watch harry with an amused look. I snap my head to Harry again. I take both hands and hold his face. His eyes are closed. 

"Harry it's okay look at me." I beg. "Just focus."

I hope he understands what I mean by focus. I keep my touch on him. 

"Almost had you styles." I hear Dimitri say behind me. "Nice to see you found a way not to have complete meltdown by my teasing."

With that Dimitri walks away with the two girls following him with their head held low. We walk in the opposite direction to go sit down. I don't question anything that just happened. I'm to scared to ask questions. The table we sit at is empty. Harry pulls my chair out for me. I can't help but to smile at the gesture. 

"Sorry about that, Dimitri just knows exactly how to get to me with his cockiness." I see his jaw tense at the mention of his name. Instead of saying anything I just put a hand on Harry's thigh without thinking. I quickly snap my hand back hoping I didn't just make it weird. "No it's okay, just not here. I don't want anyone thinking anything."

I know what he means but that doesn't stop the hurt. I know we can never be a thing. The fact is demons use humans for their own selfish desires. I've seen and heard enough to make me forever believe that. I know what Harry could be using me for. Even though there is a chance he is using me I can't help but to turn a blind eye. As much as I hate to admit it but in the end I'm using him for the same exact thing. 

"Hello may we sit here?" I hear a familiar voice. Picking my head up I look across the table to see the one person I could have gone the rest of my life without seeing. My heart quickens along with my breathing. 

I set my hands on the table and look away before we make eye contact. My hands grip at the table cloth acting as if it will help me feel better. Memories flood my head. The familiar burning of tears hits my eyes. Before the tears slip I rise from the table and begin to walk away. I ignore Harry's voice calling back to me. Don't cry. Don't cry. Don't cry I keep repeating to myself. 

"Hollis what's wrong?" Harry barks at me as he steps in front of me to block my path. I shake my head trying to pass it off but he's not having it. "Tell me now!"

"That man at the table is the one who attacked me." I cry out. 

___________________________________________________

Thank You For Reading!!!!!

Xxx Jess