XL

Hollis pov

"Thank you." I say when I get into the living room.

"Hollis?" He says lowly, I don't think I've ever actually heard my name from him since the night we met. "You need to understand something."

"And What is that?" He stands in front of me, gently placing his hand on my cheek.

"If he ever does anything to you I will not hesitate to hurt him." I finally get it.

"We both know I'm the only one who can kill him Dimitri." I tell him.

"Won't stop me from trying." As he speaks his eyes hold an emotion that I couldn't see before, adoration.

"Thank you." I truly say.

I know Harry would never hurt me in anyway. That doesn't stop me from having comfort in knowing that someone is here for me of a higher level. Yes I have Alessana now but her powers only go so far. Granted I'm probably one of the more powerful creatures to walk this earth. Still it's nice knowing I have another on my side. I just hope he understands that I am Harry's and nothing will get in the way of us.

"How about I help you clean up?" He drops his hand from my cheek.

With ease he picks up the couch I cried about. Placing it in the right place. He then moves onto the chairs. When all of the heavy furniture is in its rightful spot I thank him one last time.

"I can handle the rest." I sigh.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes I'm sure." I playfully roll my eyes at him.

"Okay I'm trusting that you're telling the truth." He smiles.

"You have been really nice today, no sarcastic comments." I point out.

"If you'd like I can go throw Harry out of bed and give all the comments I've been keeping to myself." The smile on his face turns into a fake one.

"Hey hey no need to get hasty." Leaning against the wall and watch him.

"Be careful, okay?" Dimitri steps past me closer to the door.

"I will, I promise." I turn my head to follow him to the door. "And again thank you."

"Don't mention it."

With that he walked out of the apartment leaving me alone. Technically I'm not alone I have Harry here, but that doesn't stop the loneliness creeping up on me. Harry is passed out upstairs trying to sleep off his heavily intoxicated self. Dimitri just left to probably go back to work. And me? Hell Im on the verge of a breakdown. The really fucked up part is I don't even know why. I'm worried about Harry for reasons I really shouldn't. He got drunk and trashed his place. Harry can't even die unless it's from my light. So why am I worried? He isn't hurt and he broke his things. Probably because I love him and I'll worry for him no matter what.

I guess another reason for my almost breakdown is how I do feel helpless. The abilities that live inside me are superior in many ways. Yet I can't do simple tasks. Yeah I can bring someone back from the verge of dying, but so help me if I can lift a fucking couch. This feeling goes deeper than lifting a couch. It's about I don't want to have to feel dependent on people because I'm already so dependent on Harry.

Pushing myself off the wall I go to the kitchen. If I just stand here my thoughts will continue to run wild. So I'm going to do what any other twenty year old would do. Bottle it up and not think about it again.

I search through all of the random closets and cupboards looking for cleaning supplies. When I find them I just focus on the broom. Sweeping up all of the broken dishes that litter the kitchen floor. Pushing the sharp bits into a pile that continues to grow with every sweep.