LX

Dimitri's pov

I swear my heart tightens when I see her. This unfortunate administration I have for a girl I can't have. It's the true punishment a damned monster like me deserves. Punishment of not only not having love but knowing a little piece of heaven is just out of my reach. I've always wondered what heaven would be like. How it would feel not to be damned. From the way Harry talks about it, it's amazing. I want to know how it is to be promised, a twin flame. I not only want to but I need to know.

"Listen here." Hollis says as she places her hands on the desk. That's obviously a move she took from his intimidating asshole 101 book. "You are going to answer my questions because I'm someone important to him."

"You sure about that." Harry's assistant looks at Hollis's clothes. Seeing her clothing isn't painted black. Trust me I thought the same thing at first. That Harry would only be with another demon. I guess angel has been is preferred.

"You little-" Hollis starts to say but I cut her off before it can all come out.

"Firecracker leave the new girl alone." I laugh.

Hollis turns to me. I can see her body relax instantly. Not only that but her eyes slowly rack over my body. Is she checking me out? My ego instantly goes up. As well as the satisfaction of knowing she finds me attractive.

"Maybe if I could go into Harry's office I would." She directs the comment to the assistant.

"She was only doing her job." I tell Hollis. Her eyes slightly roll. Looking at the new assistant i say. "Weren't you?"

"Yes sir." She quickly answers.

"Unfortunately this is Harry's girlfriend." I say while still looking at the beautiful woman in front of me. Her eyes shine as she looks at the reaction of the new girl.

"I didn't know." The girl says. I shake my head to try to focus on other things then this beautiful woman.

"Yeah yeah. Now to more important matters this file is to go straight to Harry when you see him." I lift up the blue folder. Looking at her desk I instantly cringe. Looking at Hollis I hand her the file. In no way will she know what this is if she looks at it. Yet if she actually reads it she will know. Hmm maybe this will work in my favor. I give it to her and repeat the same instructions to her.

"Got it." She smiles.

I mouth thank you to her because I don't think I can trust my own voice. Knowing fully well if I did speak my voice would crack or some shit like that. I quickly turn around and head back to the elevator.

As I'm waiting for the elevator I realize I forgot to take something out of the folder. Turning back to the office I go to the double doors. Quietly I open one and peak my head inside. Instantly I see Hollis rummaging around Harry's books. This rummaging isn't the type I do when I want a good read. No this type is the I'm looking for something. Could she be looking for what I think she is.

I close the door even quieter than I opened it. Taking a few steps back I go to the new assistant. Her eyes lock onto me like I'm her prey.

"When Harry gets here don't let him go straight in. Distract him for a few minutes. And be kinda loud about it." I tell her.

"What's in it for me?" She smirks. I grab my checkbook out of my suit pocket and open it. "I don't want your money."

"Then what do you want?" I ask unknowingly.

"I heard sex with a demon is some of the best sex." She bites her lip.

Great. Looking at her blonde hair I groan. It will be hard to imagine someone else with that hair color.