XXXIV

Hollis's pov

Today is currently Friday. Dimitri hasn't found a 'suitable' possessor to start questioning. I guess it makes sense because we need one that is weaker and we know won't rat us out. To everyone's surprise I offered to hit them with my light when we where done. It shocked me even.

Since Harry has been busy at the office I've decided to spend my time with Alessana. She has been helping me with learning to control my abilities. It hasn't been the easiest time but slowly we are getting places. Like the other day I made myself have a premonition. Alessana has me touch her and see what book she was gonna grab. It ended up working. The excitement we shared was amazing. The crazy thing is it seems like she has done this before. The whole training thing. I don't let my mind think about it to much though.

Usually I stay late with Alessana. I head back to Harry's just barely escaping curfew. When I get to his place he's normally already asleep. We haven't been around each other very often. It makes me sad. Yet I know when I have full control all of my time will go to him. For right now I just need to focus on this.

"Now we are going to try to do a bit of light." Alessana softly tells me.

"Are you sure?" I question.

"Yes I feel that is the most dangerous to you and others." She sits down. "So it's best to master it quickly."

I nod in understanding. Shaking my arms lightly I try to release some tension. Sitting in the chair next to her I raise my right hand. Closing my eyes I try to concentrate.

"At first you need to trigger it." She whispers the same thing she's been saying for the past few days. "Then you can control it to be able to use it whenever."

My jaw clenches as I try to think of an emotion to use to trigger it. I know healing is love but not my light.

"Try pain and anger." She suggests.

Funny neither of those feelings where present when I hit Harry. Shaking the thoughts away I focus again. Anger let's try that one since my twin flame is a sin of wrath. What am I angry about? Or what can I get angry about? Come to think of it I haven't actually ever felt angry. Wait that's a lie Karly makes me undeniably angry. All because she thinks she can get in the way of what's mine. She thinks she can take Harry away from me. All because in her head I'm not good enough he'll no one but her is good enough. I start to feel something happening. Opening my eyes I see my hand glowing lightly. Quickly the glowing stops.

"You lost focus." Alessana says. "Try again but put more into it."

"Okay." I tell her.

Once again I close my eyes. My mind drifts back to Karly. As I begin thinking it drifts to Harry being taken away from me in general. The thought of another woman running her fingers through his hair clouds my thoughts. Them looking into each other's eyes adoringly. That feeling soon comes back but this time I don't stop. I continue to think of Harry kissing another right below her ear where I like to be kissed.

"Hold that feeling!" Alessana shouts.

Keeping that anger held I open my eyes. I see a beautiful white light shine from my hand. The brightness of it is so powerful I can't help but have to squint. Yet the more I look at it it seems the more I want to see it. I notice in the light it seems to have random sparkly gold pieces floating around. The pieces slightly reminding me of fireflies.

"Okay Hollis let it go." Snapping out of it the light disappears.

My eyes widen in realization. What did I just do?

"Alessana we need to leave right now!" I shout.

"Why?" She looks worried.

"Demons are going to come here because I shot light." I stand up.