XLVII

Hollis's pov

"Hey Dani." I shout.

Her actions of putting books back on shelves stopped. Instant annoyance takes over her face. I know she doesn't mind me it's just her personality. Her personality is basically a sensitive person who acts like she's tough.

"What do you want?" She asks as she places a book on the shelf.

"Would you happen to have the book Lolita?" I ask her.

"Why would you want that book it's completely fucked up?" Her face twists in disgust.

"Doesn't matter." I roll my eyes. "Do you have it?"

"Well yeah." She walks passed a few shelves and looks. "I'm pretty sure pride and prejudice is more your style."

Why does everyone keep saying that? Granted only Dani and Dimitri have said that. Still I'll be the judge of this damn book. I don't think it's as bad as everyone keeps saying.

Dani pulls the book off the shelf. Then she goes to the other side and grabs another book. I look at her very curiously.

"There is some French. So this is to help translate." I nod.

"How much?" I ask.

"Don't worry about it." She brushes me off.

"Are you sure?" She just nods. "Thank you."

"Seriously don't mention it." Dani walks away.

Smiling to myself. I'm going to get through that tough shell of hers. In a way I think since she's always had her abilities she's always shut people out. For the reason of being different.

I walk out with the books in hand. Getting in the car Marvin drives me back to Harry's. As much as I want to start reading this book I can't. If I read it in the car I'll end up car sick.

Once we pull up to Harry's I quickly rush in. Harry should be home any second. Inside I go to the bookshelf and randomly set the books down. He won't notice them there. As I walk to the couch Harry enters the apartment.

"Hey baby." I say.

Harry gives me a strange look. I sit down on the couch. Pulling my legs up I cross them. He places his bag on the side of the couch.

"What did you do today?" Harry asks me.

"Nothing just relaxed around the house." I lie. "How was work?"

"Fine." He still gives me the weird look. "Anyone come by today?"

"Umm no, no one did." I say weirdly.

"Why are you lying to me Hollis?" He asks angrily.

"What makes you think I'm lying?" I test.

"Well the cleaners came today." He starts. "After they where done they called me to tell me they finished. I asked about you and they had no clue who I was talking about."

"Fine I wasn't here." I admit and I can see the anger growing in Harry.

"Where the fuck were you then?" He shouts.