XLVIII

(Honestly obsessed with this version^)

Hollis's pov

I lay in bed trying to fall asleep. My mind keeps wondering where Harry is. He's been gone for hours. Rolling over I look at the clock on the night stand. It reads 2:47 in the morning. A loud sigh leaves me.

Now that I'm calmed down from Harry's actions from earlier. I'm ready to talk to him about what the hell happened. I haven't made up my mind on what I'm going to do about it. I've thought about leaving. Once he walked out I almost packed my things and left. I don't know what stopped me from putting my thoughts into action. Maybe because I keep telling myself that it wasn't really him. Or that the Harry I know would never do that. The harsh truth is that was my Harry and he did do that to me. As pathetic as it is if he just tells me that it wasn't him it was his sin, I would forget it ever happened. The thought of not being with him hurts more than the marks on my skin.

Not able to take laying around anymore I get up. I need to stay busy. Heading downstairs I try to find something to do. The small mess Harry made earlier is already cleaned up. Everything else is already cleaned from the cleaners.

With nothing else to do I walk over to the bookshelf. I pick up the copy of Lolita. This happened because I didn't want him to destroy this fucking book. It seems so stupid to think about now.

Taking the book I go sit down on the couch. I open the book and begin to read it. I've never been a reader. So it takes me rereading the same pages over and over, then going back to others to know what's going on. Even after doing all of that I barely know what is happening.

I sigh to myself as I close the book. A yawn escapes me. Maybe now I'll actually be able to fall asleep. Standing up with the books in hand I go to the shelf. I place them in the same place I did last time. After that I head upstairs. Glancing at the clock it's now half passed four.

When is Harry going to come back?

......

By the time I wake up I can already tell it's the afternoon from how bright the sun is outside. Looking next to me the bed is empty. I guess Harry didn't come home at all. Then again he could be in the guest bedroom or on the couch. To ease my mind I go check. He's not in the guest room. Checking over the railing he's not on the couch either. Seriously where could he be?

I go to the kitchen to make me something to eat. Deciding on oatmeal I begin to cook. Once it's done I add some blueberries on top. I sit at the island and begin to eat.

When I'm about halfway done I hear the door open. My spoon drops in the bowl. As quickly as I can I go to the living room.

Harry is standing by the door. He's in the same suit he was in yesterday. In his hand is a flower bouquet. They are red and white roses. That's probably a representation of of us. Angel white and demon red.

We stand in front of each other. Both silent as we stare awkwardly at the ground. I look up when I hear his footsteps approach.

"Look I know what I'm about to say doesn't justify what I did. I'm so sorry Hollis. I didn't mean too I was clouded with anger. My heart holds only love for you and it made me absolutely disgusted in myself." Harry says. "I just-"

"Harry?" I interrupt him.

"Yeah?" He has a worried look.

"Just never do it again okay." I sigh.

"I promise Hollis." With those words I wrap my arms around him.

I feel the flowers pressed on my back. I'm comforted by Harry's hold. Yes I'm probably stupid for not making a big deal about this. I can't seem to fully care though. Inside I feel like that will never happen again.