LI

Hollis's pov

"How are you feeling?" I ask Dani.

Her eyes have dark bags under them. The strands of her hair are knotted together probably from tossing and turning the whole night. She looks at me with pure sadness in her eyes. A sniffle leaves her before she speaks.

"I think I'm over the shocked stage." Dani bites her lip. "Now I just need to get over the constant crying stage."

"It will take time." I sit down on the bed next to her.

Dani doesn't say anything. I begin to softly rub my hand up and down her back. She starts to shake her head in a no motion.

"You don't know that!" She harshly says. "Stop acting like you know what I'm going through."

My jaw clenches slightly. I stand up and walk to the door. Irritation grows inside of me at an indescribable rate. How dare she just assume that she's the only one to feel a terrible lose. In the world we live in it's uncommon to come across someone who hasn't felt lose. Mainly when that lose has come from demons. The more I think the more I have the urge not to keep my mouth shut.

"You know what here's an idea." I turn around. "Have you ever thought you're not the only one to lose someone close to you?"

With that simple question I walk out of the room. She doesn't deserve to know the pain she's feeling I've felt too. Dani May be older than me but she's acting childish right now. Then again she has just went through something traumatic so she gets a pass.

Dani is such a know it all. So much so she doesn't allow people to help her. She has the whole I'm to tough thing down. Yet I can't help but look past that and see a sweet girl. Hopefully one day we can be close. Since she doesn't have anyone else, I would love to be there for her.

I begin to sweep the floor and dust the apartment. Since I haven't been here in who knows how long. Soon I find myself breathing just out of my mouth. Dust invades my nose making my eyes water and nose have a tickle. As I think about how long it's been since I've been here I remember my talk with Harry. I need to talk to Dani if she wants this apartment. Not only that I need to talk to her about what happened. I've just been trying to wait for her to talk about it first. Not wanting to bring that up and upset her further.

"I'm sorry." Dani says from behind me.

I turn around and look at her. She's shaking her head and looking up at the ceiling. Her fingers are nervously fiddling with each other.

"It's okay." I say softly.

"No it's not." She goes to the couch and sits down. "I've been so caught up in my head and my thoughts and thinking so selfishly. It was insensitive of me to say those things to you."

"Really it's okay I get it." I go and sit next to her.

"Umm can- never mind." She bites her lip.

"What?" I ask.

"It's just can you tell me about what you went through? I just- don't know maybe am hoping to have some kind of peace of mind." She rambles.

"Of course." I say the only other person I've told this to was Harry. "I was adopted, but my adopted parents I've always considered to be my real parents. Anyway my was a witch as well. Which is why Alessana was helping me because my mother hid my abilities."

"Alessana told me all of this." She whispers.

"Yeah well one night they didn't return home. I was worried about them. They ended up never showing up. Instead demons came and told me they were dead. I was alone then and there. Not having anyone there for me." My voice cracks.