x

When the words leave my lips Harry's eyes instantly go completely black. Every trace of the beautiful green gone. He turns from me and make his way back to the table. 

"No." I whisper to myself. I start to follow him. 

Harry is shoving his way passed all of the demons. Hes trying to get to the possessor as fast as he can. He looks so angry with his eyes completely black. When Harry is a few feet from the table he stops. His right hand raises in a claw form. Wait, this can't be. In his clawed hand a ball of fire forms. Like I've seen before the fire is't red but black. He lifts the black flame in the direction of the possessor. As I knew would happen Harry throws the flame. 

I'm frozen in place as I watch everything happen in slow motion. The flame rips through the air. I watch as it hits the man who caused me so much pain. He didn't even see it coming. The ball of fire hits him in his chest causing him to soon be swallowed by it. He stands to his feet and lets out shriek so haunting and painful to the ears. Everyone around us is watching the man burn. Harry doesn't move from his spot a few feet in front of me.  

Giving my attention to the man in flames I watch him. He is stumbling around trying to get the flames to go out. Will he die? Do I want this man to die? I should shouldn't I? I mean he attacked me and did truly horrible things.  Even though I know I should want to sit back and watch this demon die I can't. 

"Move! Everyone move!" I hear a woman yelling from behind me. I turn around to see a beautiful woman dressed in black making her way to the scene. In her hands is a bright red fire extinguisher. She isn't panicked but calm. I move to the side to let the woman pass. When she gets to the man she starts up the fire extinguisher. "Who did you piss off this time Rick?"

Soon the flames were gone leaving the demon with burnt clothes and skin. Before I now it everyone erupts in laughter and applause. I look around questioningly. 

"Who the fuck did that?" I guess Rick yells. 

"Me you asshole." Harry yells right back. His eyes are still pitch black. 

"Oh uhh Harry." He clears his throat. "Nice one man."

I can't take this. I need space. Turning around I make a beeline for the first door I see. When I open the door I realize it went into a hallway. I'm not the only one in the hallway though. I see Dimitri with the brunette from earlier. Dimitri cocks his hand back and slaps the girl so hard she falls to the ground. I gasp at the sight. They both turn to look at me. 

"You can go now." He says. I turn around assuming hes talking to me. "Not you, you."

I realize hes talking to the other girl. She rises to her feet and walks out holding her cheek. 

"Sorry you had to witness that but you know how it is." He gives a very fake smile. 

"Actually I don't." 

"That's right Harry didn't hit you." He starts to walk toward me. "Tell me who did then if it wasn't Harry?"

"Why does it matter?" I ask out of curiosity. 

"Well shortcake it's not common for a seeked to be hit by someone that's not their demon." My eyes widen at his nickname for me. "So tell me who did it?" 

When I don't say a thing his eyes go black like Harry's. I take in a deep breath scared of what will happen. 

"If I tell you will you answer one of my questions?" I ask him. 

"Wow making deals with a demon." His eyes go back to the blue. "I like that."

"My question is why do you want me to answer so bad?" He puts his hands in his pocket. 

"Well as you humans know every demon has a sin." He starts to lightly pace. "Mine is gluttony."

"But what does that have to do with this?" I sigh. "I mean food is nowhere near the subject."

"Shortcake that's where you're wrong gluttony doesn't mean food. It means having an over abundance need for something." 

"If it's not food then what is it?" 

"Knowledge." He pauses then continues. "I just have a need to know everything."

"I see."I process the new information. "Well you answered my question, so to answer yours I was attacked by a possessor." 

"Why?" I can see the wheels turning in his head. 

"That's another question." I try not to smirk. "If you want that answer as well I get to ask another."

"You are on dangerous ground trying to toy with a demon." He laughs. "And it's working incredibly, ask away shortcake."

I rack my brain for a question. "What are demons capable of?"

"Sorry shortcake that answer is a no go." He asks and makes a sound with his mouth. 

"Then looks like you don't get your answer." I lean against the wall. For some reason I feel braver asking him these questions instead of Harry. 

"Fine, will one of our ability's be good enough?" He puts his arm next to my head trapping me in a way. I nod eager to hear. "I can control you mind, make you do whatever I see fit." 

"Then why don't you just control me to tell you everything you want to hear?" My head is spinning. 

"Now now shortcake my question first." I waves a finger in front of my face. 

"I was attacked because I didn't make it home before curfew." I tell him. 

"That's right I forget you have one of those." He shakes his head. "Well shortcake I can control you to do things but I have no power of memories. So I can't make you recall something that has happened." 

My head is over flowing with thoughts and more questions. I open my mouth to talk but I'm interrupted by a door slamming open. 

"Hollis!" Harry's voice echos down the hall. 

"Hmm Hollis?" Dimitri says quietly. "I like shortcake better."

_______________________________________

I picture Dimitri as Damon from vampire diaries.....

Thank You For Reading!!!!!

Xxx Jess